none
I am thinking of moving to cloud storage - any suggestions? RRS feed

• Question

• I have used physical storage drives for a long time. Lately, their maintenance has become a real problem. I have to constantly upgrade the hardware, pay those ever-increasing electricity bills, and sacrifice precious space to tons of dead-looking, obsolete server equipment.

Those days, I have been seriously considering cloud storage because it feels like a subscribe and forget kind of thing (like Netflix!). If someone else is happy to handle this headache, I am more than happy to pay them for the trouble.

Speaking of cloud storage, a lot of my friends have suggested me OneDrive by Microsoft but some others swear by Google. Now, both companies are titans in the tech industry, no doubt, but which one is best for me??

I know both companies are great, but I am looking for more of an objective analysis as opposed to a personal opinion. Hope TechNet can help me in this regard.

Thanks a lot!

Trent

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:24 PM

All replies

• Cloud storage is a cloud computing model which provides us to store, way, and share data over the internet. Data is stored on the cloud and is maintained and controlled by a cloud computing service provider such as Amazon, Microsoft and more. As a user, you can access and share your stored data from anywhere on the cloud via the internet. Among the use of cloud storage, you no need to store the data in your hard drive. However, you can access it from any location and download it onto any plan of your choice including mobile, desktop, tab, and more.

Cloud storage service provider:

• Dropbox: This offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software. From the last several years, Dropbox has gained following across the world as the best cloud storage service provider. It is very easy to use and is available to almost every platform.
    • Google Drive: You just have to head to and enable each service. It provides 15 GB free cloud storage data which is shared among its various services like Gmail, Google Plus, etc. Organizing data in google drive is as easy as organizing in your computer hard drive.
    • One Drive: Whole drive allows us to store and allot documents, photos, and other files from anyplace, on any device. Anyone can get upto 5GB free Cloud storage space, who has a Microsoft account can learn more about onedrive plans.

Regards,

Akshay

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:00 PM