none
Correct pricing for Azure Data Lake RRS feed

• Question

• The Azure price calculator shows the cost of DataLake-2 hierarchical storage at $0.065 per ***100*** writes.

But, this page, https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/storage/data-lake/,  shows the price to be per 10k writes.

I assume that the calculator is incorrect.

Sunday, September 15, 2019 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hi

I don't see any difference both are working in a similar manner and attached screenshots references the same.

Note: We have set the right properties in Calculator to calculate the cost in the same pattern as it is in the Resource specific Pricing page and i highlighted the same content in below screenshots.

Hope these are helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Sunday, September 15, 2019 8:53 AM
  • I cant say for sure but I would always trust docs over the calc page as they're likely more up to date.  The calc page still doesn't show 4 vcore for Managed Instances and thats been there a while.

But at 6 cents for those writes...its low anyway :-) 

I can test this in the week though if needed?

Thanks,

Matt

Sunday, September 15, 2019 6:27 PM
  • If the issue is still not rectified, for more specialized assistance on this kindly contact Azure Billing support, it's free, and it's the best choice for you.

Monday, September 16, 2019 10:04 AM
  • Hi

Just checking in to see if my initial answer helped or you still facing any issues.

If my initial reply answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:02 AM