can I recover my password RRS feed

• Question

• I have forgotten my password for my Toshiba Satellite laptop.

Can I recover it from the HDD partition?

Thursday, July 7, 2016 8:19 AM

Answers

• Hi brian tascar,

Thank you for your reply. I fully understand the inconvenience you have encountered. For a OEM version, the Microsoft will not support it, it needs to contact the manufacturer. If you need to install or reinstall Windows 7 you can use this page to download a disc image (ISO file) to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD. Please refer to the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

If the suggestion is helpful to you, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Best regards,

Carl Fan

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

if you have Windows 7 OS you can recover password with this guide. Otherwise you can reset your user password with Hiren's BootCD (see here)

Please,let us know

• Proposed as answer by matteu31400 Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:41 PM
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 8:40 AM
  • Hi brian tascar,

According to your description, if you have a Windows 7 installation DVD, or a Windows 7 System Repair disc. Please refer to the link below to follow the steps about how to reset a Windows Password.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/reset-password-windows-7.htm

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Friday, July 8, 2016 7:00 AM
  • Thank you all for your replies.

As it is a OEM and no repair disk made, and both Microsoft and Toshiba refuse to supply a copy of the Windows 7 OS going to do a factory reset from the Toshiba partition and loose all the data.  So much for customer service.

Brian Tascar

Friday, July 8, 2016 7:53 AM
  • Hi brian tascar,

Thank you for your reply. I fully understand the inconvenience you have encountered. For a OEM version, the Microsoft will not support it, it needs to contact the manufacturer. If you need to install or reinstall Windows 7 you can use this page to download a disc image (ISO file) to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD. Please refer to the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

If the suggestion is helpful to you, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Best regards,

Carl Fan

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:35 AM
  • It is difficult to recover your password. You can repair your Operating System. 
    Monday, July 11, 2016 8:41 AM
  • Hello,

have you tried with Hiren's BootCD?? This will works for sure, tested it many times.

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:56 AM