Period of User Activity Report RRS feed

• Question

• I've TMG2010 Service Pack 1. When I generate User Activity Report I can set Report Period (Last Hour, Last 24 Hours, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days). I want the ability to set a Report Period greater of 30 Days. Is it possibile ?

The user Activity Report are generated using the Log Summary or Web Proxy log ?

Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:12 PM

Answers

• User Activity reports can b generated for following periods : past hour, 24 hours, week and for a month. And whatever data is available in database its going to generate reports for that. eg. If you have want to pull data for last 30 days and you have logs available from last 7 days only so you will see info of last 7 days only.

Thanks,

Junaid

Saturday, September 4, 2010 4:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, there are only four options  in Report Period. User Activity report does not take its data from the summaries, but extracts it directly from Forefront TMG logs.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, September 3, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

So if User Activity report extracts its data from Forefront TMG logs I must mantain Web Proxy Log for a period greater than the period of User Activity Report that I want. Is it right ?

Friday, September 3, 2010 2:50 PM
  • User Activity reports can b generated for following periods : past hour, 24 hours, week and for a month. And whatever data is available in database its going to generate reports for that. eg. If you have want to pull data for last 30 days and you have logs available from last 7 days only so you will see info of last 7 days only.

Thanks,

Junaid

Saturday, September 4, 2010 4:15 PM