OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise Voice - Non Active Directory Users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am in the process of implementing OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise Voice in my workplace and removing my present IP/PBX Asterisk solution. I need to know how such a solution will operate for non Active Directory Users. For example, for our security guard's desk, he is not an Active Directory or OCS enabled user. How can I allocate a phone with an extension for such a scenario.

Regards

JK
    jk
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 2:14 PM

All replies

• To enable a user for Enterprise Voice in OCS they must first have an Active Directory account.  Even if you plan to put a Communicator Phone Edition device on the security desk instead of a computer, the usermust still login.  By using third-party software or hardware you could allow for registration of SIP phones (like a SNOM device) but natively OCS requires an AD account.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 2:46 PM
  • Hey Jeff

I appreciate your response. I would prefer not to included such users as security personnel on our Active Directory domain. I would like to know how to register the SIP phones (like a SNOM device) that you mentioned. Do you have literature on this or can you provide suitable guidance.???

Regards

JK
    jk
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 3:13 PM
  • One third-party application that can help with that is SmartSIP: http://www.evangelyze.net/products.asp#SMARTSIP
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 4:17 PM