Transition from Office Small Business to Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• OK, So my web site is getting some traffic and I've got my client base using it and of course, Microsoft decides to shut it down and says, "Oh, transfer it all over to Office 365. We'll even give you 6 months free!" But do is there a link provided? And FAQ? Nooooo it Microsoft! Land of the obscure. (I'm still bitter about MS Accounting, which I purchased and then you quit supporting three months later...)

So. Where do I go to get some info on transitioning my Office Small Business email, web site, etc. to this better than sliced white bread Office 365? What about the 6 months free offer? How does that work?

Oh, and the "Request a call"? Doesn't work. No one calls.

(I'm a little miffed. I'm a tax accountant and this is, as you might guess, my busy time of year, and I really didn't need the extra aggravation.)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:27 AM

All replies

• OK, So my web site is getting some traffic and I've got my client base using it and of course, Microsoft decides to shut it down and says, "Oh, transfer it all over to Office 365. We'll even give you 6 months free!" But do is there a link provided? And FAQ? Nooooo it Microsoft! Land of the obscure. (I'm still bitter about MS Accounting, which I purchased and then you quit supporting three months later...)

So. Where do I go to get some info on transitioning my Office Small Business email, web site, etc. to this better than sliced white bread Office 365? What about the 6 months free offer? How does that work?

Oh, and the "Request a call"? Doesn't work. No one calls.

(I'm a little miffed. I'm a tax accountant and this is, as you might guess, my busy time of year, and I really didn't need the extra aggravation.)

Dear Sirs, I completely agree with comments above.

I just want my complete website as is transferred from my Office Small Business position to  this new Office 365 without different and new page formatting selections etc. Please reply to my E-Mail address urgently.

Thank you

Billy.HHvK@t-online.de

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:48 AM
  • Hi AK, please allow me to apologize for you not getting the right information.  I'm not sure why this content is not made available to OLSB customers, I was told that the references are made available and can be viewed within their Small Business environment.

Here are some references to help you with this process.  I have asked some others to comment on the "6 months free" and the "Request a call" to get this all straightened out:

I hope this helps and will be monitoring to make sure you get answers to your other questions!

HTH

Transitions Community Lead ...Ryan J. Phillips

Monday, April 9, 2012 5:08 PM
  • Hi Billy the OLSB Transitions Guide may help some of your questions:  http://g.microsoftonline.com/0rmcm00en-us/5223

It discusses many of the aspects of O365, such as domain name creation and verification but specifically speaks to your questions around SharePoint.  Since OLSB is not managed via our BPOS or Office 365 services, there is no way for us to migrate your site collections.  So you will need to create a new SharePoint 2010 site and manually move the content and then change DNS records to point to your new SPO365 website.

Please update this posting if you have any questions, I'll do my best to help where I can.  Unfortunately with OLSB going away and no ability to migrate these sites, a manual drag-n-drop approach for moving your content may be the best option.  You may even be able to save lists/libraries as .stp files, so you can keep the content, settings, configurations and simply bring those into your new SPO365 site collection, although I think there is a 10MB limit on the size of the files, just be sure to check "Include content" when you save the lists/libraries in your OLSB SharePoint site!

HTH

Transitions Community Lead ...Ryan J. Phillips

Monday, April 9, 2012 5:14 PM