none
Deployment of Teams using System Center Configuration Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I have a little in using SCCM.

I deployed Microsoft Teams to about 461 devices using SCCM, while monitoring the deployment we discovered it successfully installed on 300 laptops, about 20 devices failed in installation while the rest are not yet evaluated. One devices out of the 300 laptop that was successful gave us an error while launching it "There was an error while installing the application, check the setup log for more information" Please can any help me out on this

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:55 PM

All replies

• Gave you an error where?

Have you reviewed appenforce.log on the clients?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

Are you using executable file or MSI installer for your deployment? For Microsoft Teams deployment using SCCM, MSI installers are available now.

You can check your deployment by following the article below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/msi-deployment

https://www.prajwaldesai.com/microsoft-teams-deployment-using-sccm/

Please also note the following points:

1. With executable installer, you had to deploy the teams to users and not devices. With msi installers, you can now deploy Microsoft teams to systems.
    2. When you deploy teams, it will auto launch for all users who sign in on that machine . With msi deployment you can add OPTIONS=”noAutoStart=true”. When you specify this, the teams won’t auto launch for users.
    3. If you had deployed Microsoft Teams earlier and uninstalled it, you cannot simply deploy it again using MSI installer. The deployment will fail. This is because if the msi installer finds Teams app installed in the appdata folder, it will simply skip the install process for that user. 
    4. You can check Appenforce.log file to track installation progress.
    5. If you run the MSI manually, be sure to run it with elevated permissions. Even if you run it as an administrator, without running it with elevated permissions, the installer will not be able to configure the option to disable auto start.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Dear Sir,

Just checking in to see if there are any updates. Has this issue been solved? Please feel free to feedback and if the reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 25, 2019 9:03 AM
  • Hello Larry,

Thanks so much for the response.

I will change the package to exe and see the outcome of the deployment

Friday, October 25, 2019 2:17 PM