publish rule counters ? RRS feed

• Question

• hello!

we are moving applications from one Forefront TMG to another.  so, on old Forefront TMG there're many unused rules which I want to delete. But first, I want to make sure, no packets were matched those rules, say, for a last week/month. Is there way to view publish rules counters ?

Monday, September 20, 2010 6:04 AM

Answers

• Dear Ilia

You can use the report options in TMG to get a idea about the type of traffice you have.

Martijn B.
    I mean something like that (pf firewall on OpenBSD, command "pfctl -sa -v"):

or that (iptables firewall on Linux, command "iptables -L -n -v"):
    I've managed to look up counters. Go to Log&Reports, choose filter by rule name, choose "30 days" instead of "live" and ... voila, you can see if there were any traffic matching certain rule.
    Monday, September 27, 2010 10:52 PM

All replies

• Dear Ilia

You can use the report options in TMG to get a idea about the type of traffice you have.

Martijn B.
    Monday, September 20, 2010 8:26 AM
  • Dear Ilia

Martijn B.
    can you give an example how report can provide information about number of packets matching certain publish rule within a month ?
    Monday, September 20, 2010 8:34 AM
  • Dear Ilia

Martijn B.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:27 AM
  • Dear Ilia

Martijn B.

I've managed to look up counters. Go to Log&Reports, choose filter by rule name, choose "30 days" instead of "live" and ... voila, you can see if there were any traffic matching certain rule.
    Monday, September 27, 2010 10:52 PM