none
SCCM 1906 and deploy Applications for the Catalog RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am planing to deploy many our Application to Software Center for Users, but the should not allow to install these (Approve request). I know I can deploy it to the either User Collections or Device Collections. I have deployed some Apps and some users has seen the Apps and requested the Apps immediately. The User is thinking it is a new App available.

Is there anyway to deploy the Apps and the User does not get any message?

What the best method to deploy the APPs to Software Center for Administrator as like a Store or Software Store

Regards

Monday, October 14, 2019 10:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

We can deploy an application to the user with an approval, the user must request first the application before its installation.

For the notification, when you create the application, you have the choice if you want show all notifications to the user or show only if restart is required or hide all of this. Starting with SCCM CB 1902, you can replace the toast notification with a dialog window, more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/deploy/device-restart-notifications

There is no best method to deploy application, It depends of your organization, you can have multiple categories for applications to set supplement filter in the Software Center, required/available application...

Regards,

SAAD Youssef

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

We can specify information about how users can interact with the application installation on the User Experience page.
    User notifications: Specify whether to display notification in Software Center at the configured available time. This setting also controls whether to notify users on the client computers. For available deployments, you can't select the option to Hide in Software Center and all notifications.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:00 AM
  • If you don't want to show to the user the notification for an application, just don't deploy it on her, create a specific device/user collection to have more flexibility on your deployments.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:36 AM
  • I don't think if you can avoid this, but as said in the following link, the user gets the New available software notification one time.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/changes/whats-new-in-version-1906#redesigned-notification-for-newly-available-software

• Marked as answer by mpng2008 Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:34 PM
  • There's no substitute for user training. Have you sent out any communication on what the users are seeing and what the expectations are? Have you simply asked the users why they are [blindly] requesting the apps?

What the best method to deploy the APPs to Software Center for Administrator as like a Store or Software Store

This is exactly what you've described already so not sure what else you are asking for here.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:32 PM
  • Jason FYI

That forum is there to ask question even if these are stupid questions. You are not obliged to answer my questions. Please let it be with your unnecessary comments.

Thanks for help

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:44 PM
  • I have no idea what you are referring to here. I in no way characterized your questions as "stupid". You asked a question about setting up a store for software: "What the best method to deploy the APPs to Software Center for Administrator as like a Store or Software Store". That's exactly what you've already done so asking about something that you've already done needs additional clarification. Also, asking for "best" methods is pointless as best means something different to everyone and is specific to each organization and scenario.

Also, not every challenge has a technical solution -- that was my main point. Just because a user experiences an issue, doesn't mean the right answer is to change something. User training is almost always overlooked as the right answer for many challenges. I can't stop people/users from doing dumb things but I can tell them not to do dumb things or better yet, what "smart" things that they should be doing. Kind of like a one way sign, it doesn't explicitly say go don't go in the other direction, but instead says go in the right direction.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:47 PM
  • Jason,

Thanks again for your help and have a beautiful evening

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:50 PM
  • Hi,

Thank SAAD Youssef very much for the solution provided. Here's a short summary for the problem.

Problem/Symptom:
    ===================

Is there anyway to deploy the Apps and the User does not get any message?

Solution/Answer:
    ===================

The New Software is Available notification will only show once for a user for a given application and revision. The user will no longer see the notification each time they sign in. They'll only see another notification for an application if it has changed or was redeployed.

Reference:
    ===================

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/changes/whats-new-in-version-1906#redesigned-notification-for-newly-available-software

Best regards,

Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:44 AM
  • You can edit default Client settings or even better create a NEW Client settings and change the option:

Show Notification for New Deployments to 'NO' from Computer Agent Session

This can be found on Administration ==> Client Settings ==> Computer Agent

With this change no user will see the notification anymore.

Regards

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:56 AM
  • Hi Sidnei,

Thank you very much for sharing! We believe that your valuable experience will also be helpful to other people who have similar problems.

Best regards,
    Larry

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:06 AM