none
DQS missing from Master Data Services Excel Add-in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed SQL Server 2012 (RTM) on my local machine and have configured both MDS and DQS in addition to installing the MDS Excel Add-in for Excel 2010 (32-bit).  As part of my configuration of the MDS web application I also enabled integration with Data Quality Services.  However when I select the Master Data tab in Excel I do not see the Data Quality buttons on the ribbon.

I understand that the DQS buttons will not display if the MDS database you are connected to is not integrated with DQS but as I said earlier I did click the integrate with DQS option when I setup the website.  Are there additional steps I need to take in order to integrate with DQS?

Thanks for your help

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:25 PM

All replies

• Just to confirm, you did install MDS+DQS on the same server?

And you ran the DQSInstaller.exe to set up DQS the first time?

Does Data Quality Client work - can you connect and make a KB or Data Project?

Did you get connected and pull an Entity into the Excel window first?

Thanks, Jason

Didn't get enough help here? Submit a case with the Microsoft Customer Support team for deeper investigation - http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance

Saturday, March 31, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Jason - mine is missing as well. We went through getting DQS working on my server already and MDS is installed on the same server. I have loaded an entity and I have combined data from another sheet in Excel 2010 and I don't see the data quality option to run a matching policy from my DQS that I setup previously. What could I be missing?

Thanks!

Brian

Monday, August 6, 2012 1:45 PM
  • In the MDS configuration manager, is the box checked to enable integration between MDS & DQS?

When you check the box, it adds the account into the DQS roles. Can you check the accounts, and the dqs roles.

use [DQS_MAIN]

GO

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM SYS.SYSUSERS WHERE NAME = 'MDS_ServiceAccounts') CREATE USER [MDS_ServiceAccounts] FOR LOGIN [DOMAIN\MDS_ServiceAccounts]

exec sp_addrolemember @rolename=N'dqs_administrator',@membername=N'MDS_ServiceAccounts'

-- alter role [dqs_administrator] add member [MDS_ServiceAccounts]

Didn't get enough help here? Submit a case with the Microsoft Customer Support team for deeper investigation - http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 6:06 AM
  • I installed MDs 1st and configured it.

In Excel, the Add-in is installed.  I created a connection, connected and saw my model. 

I installed DQS after MDS on one server.

The login domain\MDS_ServiceAccounts was created and a corresponding users called MDS_ServiceAccounts were assigned to that login in all 3 DQS databases.  The DQS_Main role dqs_administrator has the user MDS_ServiceAccounts as a member.  DQS databases are right next to the MDS db on the same server. https://www.dutchdatadude.com/mds-dqs-integration-on-a-domain-controller/

In the MDS Configuration Manager, under Web Configuration, clicking "Enable integration with Data Quality Services" results in the message "Successfully integrated with Data Quality Services."

I refresh the excel and could not see the Data Quality Ribbon under Master Data. Closed the excel and reopened and reconnected and then it appeared. 

Thanks Shiven:) If Answer is Helpful, Please Vote

Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:16 AM