none
Cloudpaging player and apps anywhere suddenly not working after microsoft update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  

Having had one computer fail recently I bought an expensive laptop so that I could access the material and software I need to pass my post grad, distance learning course which started in January 2018.

After just 4 weeks of work, this lap top will now no longer validate apps on Apps Anywhere using Cloudpaging after a Microsoft update.

There is no problem with the Universities software or hardware and the supplier of my laptop tells me there is no hardware problem on my laptop.

I can only therefore assume that this issue of connection has been caused by the Microsoft update.

To date I have:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled cloudpaging player and apps anywhere several times with no joy.

2. Tried to restore the system to 3 previous dates but all restore points failed as the system came up with  fault 0x80070005.  I believe this is something to do with having insufficient gravitas in the computer system to force it to restore.   How you gain this status is a mystery to me as I am the only user on the computer.

3.  A full windows reinstall was run and the problem still persists.   I can not validate any session in Apps anywhere using cloudpaging player.

4.  Ran a 2 hours diagnostic hardware check on my laptop, but all items past with flying colours.

If anyone at Microsoft can help me to resolve this issue I'd be most grateful.   My first round of exams is in 8 weeks.  If I can't access the software to do the coursework I will not be able to pass the exam, and will get kicked off the course.

Anybody got any ideas,  as I'm being told by everyone that this issue does not belong to them and I'm being left to fail my course!

Many Thanks

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:34 AM

All replies