none
Unable to connect to the server specified. Verify connection settings are valid and retry after upgrade. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there,

I'm having a problem at a client-

I've done a scorch upgrade from 2012 R2 into 1801 into 1807.

I've done the same for SCSM. 

Both of these installs work fine.

The problem comes in when I try and connect the SCSM 2016 (and 1801, tried both) IP to the new SCSM environment. Connecting to the existing 2012 version works perfectly fine. Using the same setup but different server name, gives the following error:

"Unable to connect to the server specified. Verify connection settings are valid and retry."

This error occurs from both the runbook servers in the environment.

Creating a connector from SCSM to scorch works fine.

Both environments have the same setups in terms of accounts and memberships. I have tried setting the runbook designer logging to 7 but nothing useful comes out of that. I've done a full reinstall of the runbook server and have uninstalled and reinstalled the 2016 and 1801 IP's. No traffic between the servers is blocked.

Do any of you have any idea what might be left to check?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, July 25, 2019 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for responding again. I just logged on to the old scorch environment which is still running, and that can connect to the new SCSM without a problem on a 2012 R2 IP which makes me believe it's IP related. I once again reinstalled everything (apart from the database) and still no luck.

After that I decided to try installing the 2019 version of the IP and that allows me to connect to the server. Strangely enough within the runbook designer, the 2019 installation shows up as 'SC 2016 Service Manager'. I'm not sure if this is the default as I've not tested with 2019 much yet. So far I've not run into any problems yet but I feel this isn't the way it should work...

This is an incredibly confusing situation and I hope someone from Microsoft can chime in if there's any love left for Orchestrator!

Friday, July 26, 2019 1:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I tried to help here (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13688dc4-9be7-4119-9164-a6f57777c4eb/orchestrator-to-service-manager-connection?forum=scoscip) recently.

Can the the name of the Service Manager Management Server can be resolved? Any SPNs set?

When you in install Service Manager Management Console on the System can you successfully connect with this?

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply, here's the other things I tried (I should've put those in the initial post).

SPN's are set.

SCSM server can be resolved. Tried it on IP in the integration pack connection as well but no luck.

I've installed the console just now and I can connect to the SCSM instance with the console.

All permissions are set correctly. I have tried your tips in the other thread as well. I have tried with multiple accounts and nothing works for only this specific connection, the old 2012 environment works fine.

EDIT:

In the deployment manager, what version is your working IP?

Thursday, July 25, 2019 10:10 PM
  • Hi,

any bad entries for the logon account in the SPNs?

Because SAC is dead (https://sc-orchestrator.vasoft.de/bye-bye-sac/) I only have the 2019 or 2016 LSC Versions installed in my and my customers lab and prod environments. There version 10.3 is showed for the IP (https://sc-orchestrator.vasoft.de/system-center-2019-orchestrator-integration-packs/).

Regards,

Stefan

Friday, July 26, 2019 1:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Thanks for responding again. I just logged on to the old scorch environment which is still running, and that can connect to the new SCSM without a problem on a 2012 R2 IP which makes me believe it's IP related. I once again reinstalled everything (apart from the database) and still no luck.

After that I decided to try installing the 2019 version of the IP and that allows me to connect to the server. Strangely enough within the runbook designer, the 2019 installation shows up as 'SC 2016 Service Manager'. I'm not sure if this is the default as I've not tested with 2019 much yet. So far I've not run into any problems yet but I feel this isn't the way it should work...

This is an incredibly confusing situation and I hope someone from Microsoft can chime in if there's any love left for Orchestrator!

Friday, July 26, 2019 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

you're welcome!

Yes. The IPs for 2019 are shown with "SC 2016 ..." in Runbook Designer :-(.

Regards,

Stefan

Friday, July 26, 2019 6:05 PM
    Answerer