10240 - Cannot Change Adaptor Settings RRS feed

• Question

• Using 10240, I setup a VPN and want to turn off using as default gateway on TCP IP4/6. When I click properties on either, nothing happens.

Andrew Kurtz

Friday, July 17, 2015 1:45 PM

All replies

• Run the following commands as an elevated administrator in command prompt:

• sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • Press Enter

If problems persists reinstall your network adapter drivers using the latest from the manufacturer. Install Windows 8.1 drivers if Windows 10 drivers are not available.

-

Hessam
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:33 AM
  • Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:53 AM
  • It didn't work. After more testing, this is only occurring on my VPN connections. The properties button on my WiFi and wired connection works well.

Andrew Kurtz

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 9:29 PM
  • Are you using a 3rd party VPN client or the built-in client? Try reinstalling the client and look to see if it’s been updated. You can also try running it in Compatibility Mode. Please report this issue in the Windows Feedback app so the engineers will be notified.

Thanks

-

Hessam
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

Friday, July 24, 2015 9:34 PM
  • I am using the built in client. Removed and retried. Same issue.

Andrew Kurtz

Sunday, July 26, 2015 6:22 PM
  • this is a bug confirmed by several people on fresh installs of 10240, and now with KB3074681you can't open properties of the VPN adapters....... Microsoft told users it was pulled but as of last night it's still being distributed. 
    Monday, July 27, 2015 5:42 PM