[Announcement] “Remote Desktop Client” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! RRS feed

• General discussion

• This “Remote Desktop Client” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We’ve listened to your feedback on how we can enhance the forum experience. Microsoft Q&A allows us to add new functionality and enables easier access to all the technical resources most useful to you, like Microsoft Docs and Microsoft Learn. 

Now until July 26, 2020:

From July 27, 2019 until August 10, 2020:

• New posts – We invite you to post new questions in the “Remote Desktop Client” forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A. The current forum will not allow any new questions.
    • Existing posts – Interact here with existing content, answer questions, provide comments, etc.

August 10, 2020 onward:

• This forum will be closed to all new and existing posts and all interactions will be in Microsoft Q&A.

We are excited about moving to Microsoft Q&A and seeing you there.        

Learn More

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:53 AM

All replies

• If you would like us to post to the new Q&A site then I would like to raise a couple of points:

1. You need to update the support link you have on the Apple store:

https://apps.apple.com/au/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id1295203466?mt=12

2. Your new Q&A site states under "Supported products"

Azure, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Office, Partner Center and Windows.

No mention of ""Remote Desktop Client" forums".

In fact there is not one mention of ANY forums on the entire landing page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/products/?WT.mc_id=msdnredirect-web-msdn

• Edited by deejerydoo Monday, August 3, 2020 6:55 AM
    Monday, August 3, 2020 6:55 AM
  • my Remote Desktop update is taking forever??  Any ideas?
    Monday, August 3, 2020 12:22 PM
  • As of yesterday morning, my remote desktop app no longer works. Was there an update that was pushed that broke it on 8/3/2020? Did you ever get your connection to work?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 11:58 PM
  • Hi,

Kindly note this forum will be read-only after 8/10 and please post your questions in our new forum on Microsoft Q&A, the experts there will provide assistance as ususal.

Thanks,

Jenny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 1:28 AM
  • There is no Remote Desktop Thread on the New Forum, as someone previously stated above, to which no one has acknowledged....

If you would kindly point me to the specific thread, I would repost on that one.....

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 4:50 PM
  • Hi Mrdunlop,

>>If you would kindly point me to the specific thread, I would repost on that one.

There is no such thread in the Q&A forum but you could register a new account and post your own thread for the question you would like to raise. After then, the experts or the tourists who are interested in your question would provide info and assistance.

Kindly check the screenshots in below link for your reference:

Microsoft Q&A graduates to General Availability!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/teamblog/microsoft-qna-ga#improvements

Note: our Remote desktop Forum is located under Windows--->Windows Server for IT pros---->Remote and print

Or you could simply open the link of RDC:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/topics/windows-remote-desktop-client.html

Thanks,

Jenny

Thursday, August 6, 2020 1:52 AM