none
Append Blobs max size

Question

• Hi,

I would like to use append blob for logging but the max size is 4MB.

So I want to know what will happen when the size is over.

Will the new append blob be created automatically for excess input? or should we control the situation by ourselves?

Dsugi

Thursday, November 09, 2017 4:15 AM

Answers

• Each block in an append blob can be a different size, up to a maximum of 4 MB, and an append blob can include up to 50,000 blocks. The maximum size of an append blob is therefore slightly more than 195 GB (4 MB X 50,000 blocks). If you attempt to upload a block that is larger than 4 MB, the service returns HTTP status code 413 (Request Entity Too Large). The service also returns additional information about the error in the response, including the maximum block size permitted in bytes. If you attempt to upload more than 50,000 blocks, the service returns the BlockCountExceedsLimit error (HTTP status code 409 – Conflict). 

Reference: Append Block

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, November 09, 2017 1:16 PM

All replies

• Each block in an append blob can be a different size, up to a maximum of 4 MB, and an append blob can include up to 50,000 blocks. The maximum size of an append blob is therefore slightly more than 195 GB (4 MB X 50,000 blocks). If you attempt to upload a block that is larger than 4 MB, the service returns HTTP status code 413 (Request Entity Too Large). The service also returns additional information about the error in the response, including the maximum block size permitted in bytes. If you attempt to upload more than 50,000 blocks, the service returns the BlockCountExceedsLimit error (HTTP status code 409 – Conflict). 

Reference: Append Block

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, November 09, 2017 1:16 PM
  • Hi vikranth,

Thank you, my question is resolved.

Thursday, November 09, 2017 11:56 PM