none
Invoke Web Service Failure RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use Invoke Web Service activity to fetch methods using WSDL.

The methods are being displayed and I am able to format the tags, but on executing the runbook the following error is got.

Cannot create the Web Service proxy assembly. The exception was 'The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.'.

Failed to invoke the Web Service method. The exception was 'The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.'.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Monday, October 7, 2019 11:18 AM

Answers

• The issue was resolved when the Directory Browsing was enabled for Orchestrator Web Service in IIS.

And also added a key SystemDefaultTLSVersions for .NetFramework in registry editor.

thanks in advance.

Friday, October 11, 2019 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

from a answer from here (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/581e06b3-f1b1-4a1f-98d9-a507b497b101/invoke-web-services-activity-fails-with-cannot-create-the-web-service-proxy-assembly?forum=sco3pip): 

This "Web Service Proxy assembly" is built in cache:  C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Activities\WebServices2 (maybe also in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Activities\WebServices2", written in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh206059.aspx).Perhaps deleting the files inside the cache helps. I had to do it after some things in WSDL have been changed.

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Monday, October 7, 2019 7:13 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Stefan,

But on deleting the cache from the above said location, still the issue exists.

Any other points should i look into ?

Thanks in advance!!

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

perhaps the error ist not caused by the caller but from the WebService itself. Can you test it with another tool like SoapUI ?

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:19 AM
    Answerer
  • The issue was resolved when the Directory Browsing was enabled for Orchestrator Web Service in IIS.

And also added a key SystemDefaultTLSVersions for .NetFramework in registry editor.

thanks in advance.

Friday, October 11, 2019 9:08 AM
  • Hi Sathya,

We are receiving the same error after our Service Now team has enabled the TLS1.2. Could you please provide detailed steps of the activity you have performed to fix the issue.

Regards,

Kiran Kumar Reddy

Monday, November 4, 2019 9:33 AM