Solution Explorer Pane Blank - will not show project details RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there a known issue opening projects and solutions created in SSMS 2008 R2 (SP1) with SSMS2012? I can import solutions, but they don't then show in the solution explorer. Well, sometimes they do and sometimes not:

On opening the solution file I'm asked to upgrade the project - which I expected. The upgrade seems to work OK, but then nothing shows in the solution explorer. The solution is "present", as I can save it, but I can't add existing items to it or interact in any way whatsoever.

Bizarrely, when I added a new dummy project to the solution, both it and the upgraded project became visible, but only while that session was open. On closing and reopening SSMS2012 they were both gone.

Even more peculiarly, opening the project the following day (after shutting down the machine overnight), both were visible. However I then removed the dummy project, and on re-starting SSMS I can't see the data again.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Rich

Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:03 PM

All replies

• At a friend's suggestion I re-installed VS2010 SP1.

Still no joy - and I'll have to re-apply the service pack for SMSS2008R2 to get intellisense working again.

Friday, December 30, 2011 10:39 AM
  • I'm having the same problem. I haven't tried adding more projects. I'm also unable to convert from an SSRS 2k8 Solution to an SSRS 2k12 Solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:08 PM