Forefront 14-Day History RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have trouble getting the 14-Day History to show any data on my MS Forefront Dashboard. All the graphs just say No Data.

I can get the reports shown ok, except for the history graphs.

For example, under Security Summary the Pie Charts show OK, as well as the summary's, but the Computers History Graph set show nothing.

Any ideas for me?

Friday, November 16, 2007 12:52 PM

All replies

• Make sure that your reporting account can successfully login to the SystemCenterReporting database (your reporting db). Is the 'Microsoft Forefront Client Security' DTS job running every night? You should have events in your event log indicating the result of its runs.

Friday, November 16, 2007 5:42 PM
  • Hi.

The Forefront accounts have DBO rights on the SystemCenterReporting DB, so that ought to be sufficient.

As far as I can see the DTS job i running smoothly.

---

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: DataTransformationServices
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 80
    Date:  21-11-2007
    Time:  01:15:26
    User:  N/A
    Computer: SERVERNAME
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 80 ) in Source ( DataTransformationServices ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:

Package Name: Microsoft Forefront Client Security
    Package Description: Microsoft Forefront Client Security DTS
    Package ID: {4589F8C7-17D3-4A87-BB5B-0DBF47B6D00A}
    Package Version: {4868C80E-24BA-4240-A12F-55A193C18672}
    Package Execution Lineage: {4D7016AD-59BD-4E26-A8C9-C4B97AC4C266}
    Executed On: SERVERNAME
    Executed By: SYSTEM
    Execution Started: 21-11-2007 01:15:01
    Execution Completed: 21-11-2007 01:15:26
    Total Execution Time: 25,391 seconds

Package Steps execution information:

Step 'DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_1' succeeded
    Step Execution Started: 21-11-2007 01:15:02
    Step Execution Completed: 21-11-2007 01:15:02
    Total Step Execution Time: 0,828 seconds
    Progress count in Step: 0

Step 'DTSStep_DTSTransferObjectsTask_3' succeeded
    Step Execution Started: 21-11-2007 01:15:02
    Step Execution Completed: 21-11-2007 01:15:26
    Total Step Execution Time: 23,719 seconds

Step 'DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1' succeeded
    Step Execution Started: 21-11-2007 01:15:26
    Total Step Execution Time: 0,031 seconds

Step 'DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1' succeeded
    Step Execution Started: 21-11-2007 01:15:01
    Step Execution Completed: 21-11-2007 01:15:01
    Total Step Execution Time: 0,062 seconds

Step 'DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2' succeeded
    Step Execution Started: 21-11-2007 01:15:01
    Step Execution Completed: 21-11-2007 01:15:02
    Total Step Execution Time: 0,484 seconds

Step 'DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_3' succeeded
    Step Execution Started: 21-11-2007 01:15:26
    Total Step Execution Time: 0,125 seconds
    Progress count in Step: 0.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:53 AM
  • try putting http://localhost and http://servername/ into IE trusted sites.

this should solve your problems.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 7:08 AM
  • We're having the same problem. One thing i found is that the Forefront Security client job juns without errors but if I look in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\Server\DTSScriptFiles directory all the BCP files are 0K in size.  I am of course, assuming that the BCP files are how the data gets into the SystemCenterReporting DB from OnePoint. 

Looking at the steps closer I found that there is a FCS_Groomdata sp_ that calls fcs_groomdata_threats and fcs_groomdata_profiles sp_s that are empty.  Anyone else see this?
    Thursday, April 3, 2008 5:59 PM
  • Seeing the same issues as above, and my DTS package is reporting back that it is successful; however, still no 14-Day History is being displayed.

Thursday, April 3, 2008 8:50 PM
  • Are your stored procedures also empty?
    Thursday, April 3, 2008 8:55 PM
  •  Yaniv Feldman wrote:

try putting http://localhost and http://servername/ into IE trusted sites.

this should solve your problems.

This is incorrect if you are using a domain. This needs to be in Intranet Sites, so that it will automatically attempt to authenticate with domain user/pass. (Forefront console attempts to connect to the reporting server with query DashboardComputersTrend Command=Render. When IIS returns and asks for the password, FCS console gets confused and reports that it cannot get the history)

Or, you can simply set trusted sites to authenticate with domain user/pass, not sure, I haven't tried that yet.
    • Proposed as answer by mhRabie Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:44 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:28 PM
  •  

Hello all,

The solutions thus far have not help me solve the missing 14-Day history.  Any other thoughts?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:48 AM
  •  

I also had no sucess with the other fixes.  I've been checking out the procedures and tables that contain the data (doing it as we speak).  The proc that populate the report (prSAS_UX_DashboardComputersTrend) right now return all Zeros.  I'm working my way backwards to see where the breakdown is. 

As soon as I know anymore I'll post.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:52 PM
  •  

Can someone from Microsoft comment on this?
    • Proposed as answer by Abhijit9 Monday, June 28, 2010 5:33 AM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:05 PM
  •  

Maybe a detail explaination how and where things are populated?  That way I won't have to reverse engineer everything.

Where is the data that is copied to the SystemReportingCenter DB stored in OnePoint?  I'm pretty sure my DTS is messed. up.  The fcs_* tables only have old data from 2007 in it and they seem to be the only tables that are copied.  Yet the prSAS_UX_DaskboardComputerTrend that populated the 14 day history returns all zeros and the functions that are called from it never even hit the fcs_* tables.  The Fn seems to look at the SC_EVENT* tables. 

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:28 PM
  •  

Wow, It's amazing what you learn once you post something.  So the DTS job that is a job in sql server doesn't do the data transer does it?  Is it handled by a job scheduled in the OS?  the MOM.Datawarehousing.DTSPackageGenerator.exe task?

http://myitforum.com/articles/2/view.asp?id=8639

Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:44 PM
  • Here is another portion of my Event logs Event ID 1001 this happens when my DTS job fails to run at 1am:

Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.SC_EventFact_Table'.'EventFact_LocalDateTimeGenerated_ClusteredIndex' in database 'SystemCenterReporting' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Has anyone else found out how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 5:13 PM
  • are you using different account for reporting and DAS if yes the reporting account should have persmisions on OnePoint DB. your reporting URL Http:\\<Server Name>\Reports should be in trusted domain of IE.

I think it will resolve the problem of 14 day history.

ZNM
    Friday, November 14, 2008 4:51 PM
  • Can any of the past posters with this issue shed some light on their solutions please?  I've got the same issue here.  The console is working well everywhere else except for the 14 Day History Tab, and then in the Computer Summary Report - where it pulls history data.

I've added my server to the Trusted sites, verified that the DAS user has access to the db's.  What else am I missing?~!
    Monday, December 29, 2008 8:45 PM
  • Found it! 

I followed this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Forefrontclientreporting/thread/3d43a749-b73b-4cae-85f6-1462377816b3

What "fixed' it for me as viewing the Scheduled Tasks.  I found it curious that SystemCenterDTSPackageTask had never run.  When i tried to run it manually i got an error.

So I retyped the password for the user : which was my DAS account.  Re ran the task manually, and this time it ran.  I then opened up the FCS Console and the last five days showed in my 14day history!

Maybe we should put all of these threads together!??
    • Proposed as answer by Ray_G Monday, December 29, 2008 9:20 PM
    Monday, December 29, 2008 9:18 PM
  • I have the same situation here:

• 14-Day History Graph bars are displayed with "No Data".
    • All other reports work fine.
    • Server is in Local Intranet zone.
    • FCS account has full access to SystemCenterReporting DB.
    • DTS job has never failed.

I don't know what else to try and I could really use some help.

Anyone?  Please!

Thanks - BH

Friday, January 23, 2009 4:54 PM
  • I'm having the same issue with the 14-day history reports "No data" since moving out the roles from being single server to use dedicated servers for each role.
    Everything else works as expected, so I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution for this problem?
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 4:51 PM
  • I have exactly same problem and i have tried everything i could...

Anybody could help??  really appreciate!!!

• Proposed as answer by Flora Sun Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:37 AM
    • Edited by Flora Sun Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:46 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:19 AM
  • just after i posted my question above, i tried to reconfigure Microsoft Forefront Client Security console (on "Action" menu -> "configure" ) by using another admin account which has permission to view reports, rather than the one i used before, now the "14-days history' appeared!!!!

• Proposed as answer by Flora Sun Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:45 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:42 AM
  • I found the reason for my problem to be that the scheduled task with MOM.Datawarehousing.DTSPackageGenerator.exe wasn't running on new server and generating the DTS-package for transferring data between the databases.
    Copying the server\reporting folder including exe-file etc and scheduled exe to run with necessary parameters solved my problem.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:02 PM
  • Mine was solved by manually running the SystemCenterDTSPackageTASK under the scheduled task. So as a recommendation, make sure there is no issues with running this task and that it has an exit code of 0.

I think my problem is that there is DB maintence going on at the time this guy is run, thus breaking the job. The job was exiting with an error code of FFFFFF.
    Friday, May 29, 2009 2:32 PM
  • Guys Im also experiancing the same problem with 14-days history. previously it was fine, the problem started day before yesterday jumping days of 14 history. Please guys can you give me a clue?
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 1:10 PM
  • Hi, I had the same problem. The SystemCenterReporting database was not set to autogrow and was also not set to unlimited growth, so it couldn't add any more data to it. After I set it to unlimited auto growth in SQL, the scheduled task ran successfully and displayed the 14-day history.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 12:02 PM