Microsoft RDP for Mac (Release and Beta version) error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Microsoft RDP app for mac Version 10.3.12 (1801) suddenly stopped working completely for me. There have been the occasional intermittent retries necessary to use the app previously. However, now, it just wouldn't work at all.

I have also tried the beta Version 10.4.0 (1811) and I get the exact same error.
    Please see error below:

We couldn't connect to the remote PC for one of these reasons:

1) Your user account is not authorized to access the Remote Desktop Gateway.

2) Your PC is not authorized to communicate with the Remote Desktop Gateway.

3) You are using an incompatible authentication method (for example, the Remote Desktop Gateway might be expecting a smart card but you provided a password).

Contact your network administrator for assistance.

Error code: 0x5000003

I tried to connecting with the RDP app on my Surface pro and it works. So, clearly it isn't a gateway issue but one with the RDP app itself. Hence, I am forced to forego my Mac setup with external monitors, keyboard etc and use the tiny Surface pro screen which also does not have external monitor support for my dev work. This is rather inconvenient at best and prohibitive at worst.

I hope a resolution can be pointed out here soon.

Thursday, July 23, 2020 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry for your experience,and for further investigate,maybe you could refer to this link: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/287834-remote-desktop-client-for-mac

This is the forum for remote desktop client for mac,maybe it is more targeted for your question.

Hope this can help you.

This "Remote Desktop Client" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Remote Desktop Client" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Client"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Phoebe Lu Friday, July 24, 2020 7:14 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2020 7:14 AM