none
MRO 3.6 coming? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

R is moving along quickly, with the recent release of R 3.6, will MRO move on from 3.5.3, and follow suit with 3.6 soon?

cheers

Monday, June 3, 2019 1:59 AM

All replies

• Waiting for this as well.
    Thursday, June 6, 2019 4:02 AM
  • Any update on this? We're at R 3.6.1 now.
    Friday, July 19, 2019 1:36 PM
  • Going into August... any ETA? I've been delaying migrating to a newer version until Microsoft R Open 3.6.0+ is released.

Friday, August 9, 2019 9:24 PM
  • If Microsoft is not going to maintain Microsoft R Open longer (R + MKL) could Microsoft at least "pass the ball" to RStudio so that they can continue such builds? (Or other interested maintainers)
    Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:05 PM
  • Microsoft, please clarify what you're doing with this product. Those of us you convinced to use it deserve better.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:07 PM
  • I was on 3.4.X and was waiting until 3.6.0+ was coming out, my work laptop has a lot of corporate security software interferes with installing R and new packages so a lot of manual work has to be done (and God forbid you get an incompatible package with your base R version). With the rise of depending on 3.5.0+ R and Microsoft's silence for months on a new version, I gave up waiting. And really all it would of taken was 1 post of Microsoft to clarify around the release of Microsoft R open, even if it's just a sorry it's delayed, and I probably would of held off for a bit longer.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:22 PM
  • Well, I'm giving up.

I'm starting to have troubles with base package versions not supporting 3.5.3 (seriously, already!), and it downloading older packages from Cran; and compilation with latest Rtools becoming problematic.

I'm not an R ninja which would probably help.

This is really sad because the extensions that MS did for ROpen are really awesome. What on earth is going on?

For now, I'm moving back to the standard R distro (somewhat begrudgingly) (3.6.1).

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:47 PM
  • I understand. I'm going to hold out for an announcement. They had that survey a few months back. I'm hoping that means there's a plan. I hope someone develops a simple way to add multi-threading, or Microsoft hands this off to RStudio as suggested.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:25 PM
  • Well, it's now December 2.  The world has been on 3.6.x since April.  CRAN has scheduled 3.6.2 in 10 days.

Has Microsoft said anything about this?

Monday, December 2, 2019 5:31 AM
  • killed RTVS in VS 2019

took months to release 3.5.3and no movement since then

seems MS has dropped any R development. no need to wait for an announcement. sad, but pretty clear
    3 hours 11 minutes ago