none
Host SQL Server via Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to host a custom SQL server via Sharepoint, or am I only able to add it as an outside data source?
    Friday, June 19, 2020 2:26 PM

All replies

• you mean you want to place SQL Server on SharePoint ? If that was your question then yes you can place SQL Server in SharePoint.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/install/single-server-with-sql-server

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Friday, June 19, 2020 2:38 PM
  • When creating a new application, I typically start with the model. To create a new SQL Server Database, perform the following steps:

Navigate to the Azure portal.
    Click Create a resource --> databases --> SQL Databases.
    Complete the form and click Create. Your SQL Database will now be provisioned in the background.
    Friday, June 19, 2020 3:07 PM
  • Hi Elite,

Please refer to Sharath's reply and Max's reply to have a check, I think it could be helpful.

You can also refer to the below article:

Add a database as a data source

If you have any updates, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, June 22, 2020 6:08 AM
  • Hi Elite,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, June 26, 2020 1:57 AM
  • Hi Elite,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Itch Sun

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 1:25 AM