none
Data send to web service to database. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we've an integration between ServiceNow and SCOrch.  ServiceNow posts the data to SCOrch web service,  I could see that data is being stored in database.  What I want to know is, I don't see any activity in the runbooks, but the data in database.  Here is the way it works.

SN -> Web service -> Data saved in to DB -> SCOrch pick up the data from db to do further.

How the data posted to web service is being saved in to DB ?  Using rest api to post data to SCO that I could understand, what are the next steps that are taking place to save the data in DB is lingering in.

Can someone explain?

Thanks

Satya

Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:15 PM

All replies

• Someone can please provide?

Satya

Sunday, February 10, 2019 3:21 AM
  • Hi,

sorry. I'm not really sure if I understand your question.

After an Instance of an Runbook was executed with Orchestrator Runbook Service, you will see this finished Instance in tab "Log History" from the selcted Runbook in Runbook Designer or with Orchestration Console.

If a Runbbok is triggered for example via Orchestrator Web Services this request will be stored in the system DB of Orchestrator in table POLICY_PUBLISH_QUEUE. When a Runbook Service will be ready to take this request it will be excuted there.

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:43 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you Stefan, but my ask is not about that.  Below is the chronology that happens

1. ServiceNow posts data to https://<SCO server>/Orchestrator2012/Orchestrator.svc/Jobs

for this they might be using REST/SOAP

2. Posted data will be saved as records in database.

3. SCO picks those records from DB and takes it further.

Am trying to find out the mechanism that is taking place here about how the posted data to the web service is getting saved in DB.

Hope you got my point.

Satya

Sunday, February 10, 2019 3:13 PM
  • How Service Now is posting the data to the SCORCH webservice?

It's possible for you to post an example of this webservice call including GUID of the Runbook and the data details for the runbook?

Andreas Baumgarten

Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:01 PM
  • Hi Andy,

I believe they have an API built for this web service and using their outbound config for this.  ServiceNow team is different which we don't have access for their config.  :( couldn't send it.

Satya

Monday, February 11, 2019 1:35 AM
  • If a Runbook is called by webservice you will find the data with the follwing SQL View in the OIrchestrator DB:

USE Orchestrator
    SELECT * FROM [Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Runtime].[Jobs]

You might need the GUID of the Runbook for filtering.

The column "Parameters" in the result set of the SQL query contains the parameters of the webservice call.

In this case the Parameters are definded in the Runbook like this in a Initialize Data activity:

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Monday, February 11, 2019 8:17 AM