none
SCCM Task Sequence Content Status reporting - Package HTTP Status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Hope someone can assist, I am looking to add to my current Task Sequence SQL query for content status reporting. I would like to know if I can add the HTTP status into a column and I just don't know if its possibly in a table somewhere.

select
     pkg.Name as [Package Name],
     Case pkg.PackageType
     When 0 Then 'Software Distribution Package'
     When 3 Then 'Driver Package'
     When 4 Then 'Task Sequence Package'
     When 5 Then 'software Update Package'
     When 6 Then 'Device Settings Package'
     When 7 Then 'Virtual Package'
     When 257 Then 'Image Package'
     When 258 Then 'Boot Image Package'
     When 259 Then 'OS Install Package'
     Else ' '
     END AS 'Package Type',
     pkg.PackageID,
     SUBSTRING(dp.ServerNALPath, CHARINDEX('\\', dp.ServerNALPath) + 2, CHARINDEX('"]', dp.ServerNALPath) - CHARINDEX('\\', dp.ServerNALPath) - 3 ) AS [Server Name],
     dp.SiteCode,
     dp.LastRefreshTime,
     stat.SourceVersion,
     stat.LastCopied,
     stat.SummaryDate,
     stat.InstallStatus,
     case when dp.IsPeerDP=1 then '*' else '' end as BranchDP
     from v_Package pkg
     join v_DistributionPoint dp on pkg.PackageID=dp.PackageID
     join v_PackageStatusDistPointsSumm stat on dp.ServerNALPath=stat.ServerNALPath
                                                  and dp.PackageID=stat.PackageID
     where stat.State!=0 and pkg.PackageID in (select ReferencePackageID from v_TaskSequenceReferencesInfo
     where PackageID ='ILV0007E')

The above query gives me good info but we have found that even if a package is showing Installed successfully sometimes it still shows a HTTP status code of 404, meaning I would need to redistribute the package. Now I am looking for something where I can add an additional column in the above query that would show this in the report if there is any HTTP status error or just what I can cast a messageID perhaps into "OK" or "Error 404" into something the guys can read.

Appreciate any assistance

Thanks Leon

Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:35 PM

Answers

• Perhaps you should review why it's not distributing correctly in the first place as that's not normal and shouldn't be anything you have to deal with.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:07 PM

All replies

• HTTP status is the result of an actual request for the a web resource or content in this case. It's not something store in the database.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:57 PM
  • Hi Jason, 

Thank you for the quick reply. I know I can get this with other ways, I just thought I would be able to get the above info along with the HTTP Status but doesn't look like it.

The reason for it was just to have a single area where the guys could get the info and not just having it say the package is successful but in actual fact it isnt and needs to be re-sent.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:07 PM
  • Perhaps you should review why it's not distributing correctly in the first place as that's not normal and shouldn't be anything you have to deal with.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

In addition, here is a blog about report status of packages used in Task Sequence, attached MOF file Status of Task sequence which you can import directly into SCCM. Hope it helps.

Sccm report status of packages used in task sequence

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 6:11 AM
  • Hi Jason, 

Yes the guys investigate and the issues most of the time is network connectivity as well as servers being shutdown because of power issues. So this was just to assist and make sure that they had a report on ones not distributed.

Thanks again

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Hi Tina, 

Thank you for this, I will have a look at it.

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply and hope the issue will be solved soon. Please feel free to feedback and if you have solved the issue, could you please kindly share your solution? This will be helpful for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you for your kindly support.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:06 AM
  • Hi Tina, 

I just used my original query that I posted above, its not really a solution as mentioned by Jason this info is not stored in the DB so I could not add it in the report.

The guys are just using it that way and checking the DP's for issues.

Thanks

Leon

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. To make our thread clear to read, here is a short summary for it.

Problem/Symptom:
    ===================
    Can we add the HTTP status into a column of Task Sequence SQL query for content status reporting?

Suggestion: (provided by Jason)
    ===================
    HTTP status is the result of an actual request for the a web resource or content. It's not something store in the database. So we could not add it in the report.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:59 AM