none
SQL data sync not syncing all rows in the first sync, Urgent. RRS feed

• Question

• Data sync agent is set up for two tables, synchronization goes without failing.

One table is syncing fine, added 506977 rows to dbo.table1 and 5415 rows to datasync.table1_dss_tracking

the other table added only 32836 rows to dbo.table2 and 967289 rows to datasync.table2_dss_tracking

the deprovisioning has been done completely and manually. No stored procedures or datasync tables left before creating data sync group. 

This is very urgent as the service is reliable on that table. 

server name: sw53bm5pnw.database.windows.net

server region: west europe

Recreating sync group/ deprovisioning database does not help. 

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:51 PM

All replies

• your row counts doesn't seem right. the number of rows in the tracking tables should be equal or greater than the row count of the table being synched.

how are you adding rows?

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:45 PM
    Answerer
  • The rows are added by data sync agent, i'm not adding them manually.

If it is the first synchronization then the row count in the tracking table should be <= than the synced table in hub. At least that is how it was previously.

Edit: The point is that the row count in the Table2_dss_tracking is completely off 
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:49 PM
  • am referring to how you're adding rows to your table itself, not the tracking table.

the tracking table should have a row for each row in the table being synched plus rows that have been deleted.

so it should never be less than the table being tracked.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:59 PM
    Answerer
  •  data base replication -> SQL azure data sync agent -> SQL azure sync group -> Hub Data base 

the data is added only in data base replication automatically 

"the tracking table should have a row for each row in the table being synched plus rows that have been deleted."

That would be correct, but it is not in this case and i Don't know why it is so. 

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:05 PM
  • ok, let me clarify my question again. your post title says new rows are not being synched, is that the case?

so how are you adding those new rows?

are you using bulk procedures that normally wouldn't fire triggers?

or if its not about new rows, is your issue about provisioning and initial sync not succeeding?

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:12 PM
    Answerer
  • probably the title is misleading as The sync running the first time synced the row count stated in the first post, so about 30k in table and 900k in tracking table 

Sync completed successfully in 8281.84 seconds.

Upload:   1512513 changes applied Download: 0 changes applied  

For more information, provide tracing ID ‘e7e8c14b-bd46-4dcc-bf6b-2de32d23a685’ to customer support.

There are no other operations done to the table. 

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:20 PM
  • Sorry, maybe I missed, so the issue is some rows are not synced or it's concerned that the rows in base table and tracking table are not the same? Seen from the log, sync works fine with not surprise.

panchao

Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:19 AM
  • In the base table there is about 900K+ rows , synced to the hub is only 30k+ rows

So there are a lot of missing ones. 

Friday, July 5, 2013 8:33 AM
  • Mine is the opposite. I have a sync group: On-PrmDB, MemberAzureDB and HubAzureDB. So my data is in the On-PrmDB and I sync it to AzureDB. So after the 1st time sync is successful, I found that there is 3.5 GB data in my HubAzureDB, but only 700 MB data in my MemberAzureDB. This never happened before. Now on my sync group logs, there is only 2 success logs after one sync action is finished: One is from On-Prm DB and other one is from HubAzureDB. There is no logs for my MemberAzureDB after 1st time synchronization. I haven't fix this yet and I have no idea why this happened.
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:30 PM
  • I realize Data Sync can be troublesome and complicated. In almost all cases where a solution is not quickly identified, Azure Support needs to be included in the conversation to look at your specific environment. If you have an Azure Support plan, can you create a support request to have this investigated? If you do not have an Azure Support Plan, can you send me your Azure Subscription ID to AzCommunity. I will return instructions to create a support request, and next steps.

Thank you,

Mike

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 11:10 PM
  • Please let us know if you require additional assistance with this issue.

Regards,

Mike

Friday, October 18, 2019 12:32 AM