none
Does RBS Sql server support Azure Blob Storage? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to move blobs (documents) stored in SQL server database to Azure Blob Storage.
    Saturday, December 7, 2019 12:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• @Mukund Pimplaskar  Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused. From SQL PaaS, you can move the backups to storage account/blob. if you are looking for specific blobs stored in SQL server DB

I think you could use ADF to achieve that: Copy and transform data in Azure SQL Database by using Azure Data Factory

Copy data from an on-premises SQL Server database to Azure Blob storage

I haven't tried this, but this might help you in your scenario. 

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 4:57 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:48 PM
  • Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, December 16, 2019 9:18 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the delay.

I wanted to do it from the T-SQL itself and RBS seems to support only FILESTREAM right now, So I wrote CLR to read/write varbinary content to azure blob storage.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 5:37 AM
  • @Mukund PimplaskarThank you for letting us know the solution that worked for you and sharing the  workaround with the Community.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable.

Thanks!!

Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:38 AM