none
How can I create an alert on the percentage of space allocated by an elastic pool? RRS feed

All replies

• You should be able to create one under Monitor -  Alert section after creating an SQL Elastic Pools and create one

Sunday, July 7, 2019 1:58 AM
  • Please add a condition and filter by Signal type as shown below.

Do let us know if you have any further questions.

_

If the above answer was helpful, please click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 7:19 AM
  • You should be able to create one under Monitor -  Alert section after creating an SQL Elastic Pools and create one

Thanks, but when I select an elastic pool in the resource section I can not add any metric as you can see on the following screenshot.

RESOURCE
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 12:46 PM
  • Please add a condition and filter by Signal type as shown below.

Do let us know if you have any further questions.

_

If the above answer was helpful, please click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

Thanks, but I don't have any metrics in there.

Sunday, July 7, 2019 12:51 PM
  • What role privileges do you have on this resource?

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 10:29 AM
  • What role privileges do you have on this resource?

I'm the admin.
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:12 PM
  • I cannot think of any other reason why those wont show up.

Please file a ticket with Azure support to have an engineer work with you and resolve this.

Do post the solution on this thread so that it might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:39 AM
  • I cannot think of any other reason why those wont show up.

Please file a ticket with Azure support to have an engineer work with you and resolve this.

Do post the solution on this thread so that it might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

It is a bug on the Azure portal linked to the name of the elastic pool, to be more specific there is a plus sign "+" in the name of the elastic pool that generates the problem. The technical staff suggested me to create a new elastic pool with a different name, at least without the plus sign. Currently, the elastic pool is on a production environment, so I'll wait for the bug to be fixed.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:19 PM