none
How do I correctly enter the Standard Rate for a resource in Project Online - I enter 350/d but it assumes this is 8 hours per day (not 7.5 as per standard calendar) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having an issue with Project Online where I enter the standard rate for a resource (in resource center), I enter the standard rate as £350/d (my intention is to capture the internal cost of a resource), however in Microsoft Project when I use this resource (by including it using the Build Team from Enterprise feature) and then assign this to a task it incorrectly calculates the cost as 43.75 (which if you do the math is 350/8). The Resource is using the Standard Calendar, which I've set to be 7.5 hours per day. So I'm completely confused by this. The Hours per day and hours per week are set to 7.5 and 37.5 respectively in Project Options->Schedule.

Help!

Many thanks,

Kevin

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:18 PM

Answers

• Kevin --

Since you are not using a standard 8-hour day for your team members, I would recommend that you do NOT use a daily rate in the Standard Rate column.  Instead, I would recommend you use an hourly rate of £46.67/hour instead.  That should give you the accuracy you seek.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:23 PM

All replies

• Kevin --

Since you are not using a standard 8-hour day for your team members, I would recommend that you do NOT use a daily rate in the Standard Rate column.  Instead, I would recommend you use an hourly rate of £46.67/hour instead.  That should give you the accuracy you seek.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:23 PM
  • Thanks Dale. I've made that change now and its close enough (when reporting a full day in Project Professional it says the cost is 350.02).

Many thanks,

Kevin

Friday, September 27, 2019 7:46 AM