none
Sorry, you don't have privilege to upload a sample....in msdn forum. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Why I am not able to upload any sample code in msdn gallary ...getting the below message, what level of permission I should have?

Sorry, you don't have privilege to upload a sample.

Thanks&Regards,

Habibur Rahaman

MCSA,MCP,MCTS

My Certificates

Note: If you feel the proposed answer is helpful, please mark as so or if this answered your question,please mark as answer.

Friday, March 29, 2019 7:03 AM

All replies

• The TechNet Gallery was experiencing a great deal of spam submissions. It was advertising that had nothing to do with Microsoft technologies or scripts or code. The admins reduced the spam by requiring a certain minimum number of recognition points before you can contribute. We do not know (and probably should not know) what the minimum is.

To earn recognition points you need to have forum replies marked as answer or helpful. Details here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx#How_do_I_earn_points_

Basically, you need to be active in the forums for a period of time helping others.

Edit: It may help to have your account verified (if you have not already). New accounts must be verified before the user can include images or hyperlinks in forum posts. This is also to reduce spam in the forums. You can request account verification by replying with your request in this thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug

Your account will automatically be verified after enough activity (again, after earning a number of recognition points), but you can get verified quicker by requesting in the thread I linked. As far as I know, however, this will not allow you to post code in the Gallery. I believe that requires more recognition points.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, March 29, 2019 12:17 PM
  • Great efforts my admin to reduce spam. But i think its better to enclose min point to post our scripts
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 5:46 AM
  • It will be great if someone can mention that what is the minimum point needs to upload code in gallery? 

Thanks&Regards,

Habibur Rahaman

MCSA,MCP,MCTS

My Certificates

Note: If you feel the proposed answer is helpful, please mark as so or if this answered your question,please mark as answer.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 1:35 PM
  • Hi John Gak,

I got the answer of this question, in order to upload sample code in MSDN gallery we need to have minimum 100 points and to write the Technet Wiki article the points should be greater than 100. If this helps you, please up-vote it. 

Thanks&Regards,

Habibur Rahaman

MCSA,MCP,MCTS

My Certificates

Sunday, June 16, 2019 8:46 AM