none
List Workflow automated email to Sharepoint group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We currently utilise a list workflow which is set to email certain users when a part of said list is updated

We can enter users into the 'to' field in SP Designer

We want to use Sharepoint groups so the site owner can add and remove users as required.

I created a sharepoint group. Added the users. I then added the group into the email field in SP Designer. 

The group itself has read and contribute rights to the associated workflow list. The group setting is enabled for seeing all members of the group.

Still no email arrives. It does if users are named individually but not if they are in the group.

Can someone assist? What am I missing?

Thursday, July 2, 2020 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi, Rick,

First of all, if the SharePoint Group or Ad Group has the Group Email, then the email sent the mail to group email Id. So make sure you did not set it for your SharePoint Group. 

If that is fine, I would like to know whether the workflow is properly triggered and completed when you make it send emails to that group. And does this issue occur when you set the "to" field with another SharePoint group?

Check the running status of the workflow. You shall have a new field in your list displaying the workflow status, click on the link will redirects you to the workflow status page. You can get more information if the workflow gets an error. And you can have a check on the workflow history list for other information. 

And another option, you can add some log action to your workflow to see if it stuck on certain step

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 3, 2020 8:18 AM
  • Hi, Rick,

Is there any update in these days?

Best Regards

Jerry

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
  • Hi,

This forum will be locked down, if you still have issues about this question, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. Or, you can create a new question on Microsoft Q&A, we will continue to support you on the new home.

Best Regards

Jerry

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Monday, August 3, 2020 7:39 AM