SCOM 2019 Insall failing - RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to deploy SCOM 2019 on a brand new 2019 Server.  SQL is 2016 SP2 - CU12.  Can communicate with server fine.  It is an availability group.  This setup is the same as our current SCOM 2016 environment.  Tried Command line install and GUI install and keep getting the following errors.  It never gets pas installing the OperationsManager database.  The account I am using has sysadmin and security admin rights on the SQL server

Error:     :DB operations failed with SQL error 1934: SELECT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ANSI_PADDING'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or spatial index operations.
    : Threw Exception.Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Exception Error Code: 0x80131904, Exception.Message: SELECT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ANSI_PADDING'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or spatial index operations.
    [07:35:01]:     Error:     :StackTrace:   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Setup.Common.SqlRetryHandler.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlCommand sqlCommand, Int32& result)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Setup.Common.SqlRetryHandler.Execute[T](SqlCommand sqlCommand, SqlRetryPolicy retryPolicy, GenericExecute`1 genericExecute)
    [07:35:01]:     Error:     :Error:Failed to execute sql command. Setup will not retry on this Sql error. Command: 
    IF (OBJECT_ID('APM.p_DeleteComputers') IS NULL)
      BEGIN
        EXECUTE ('CREATE PROCEDURE APM.p_DeleteComputers AS RETURN 1')
      END

[07:35:01]:     Error:     :Sql error: 16. Error: 1934. Error Message: SELECT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ANSI_PADDING'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or spatial index operations.
    [07:35:01]:     Error:     :Exception running sql string 
    IF (OBJECT_ID('APM.p_DeleteComputers') IS NULL)
      BEGIN
        EXECUTE ('CREATE PROCEDURE APM.p_DeleteComputers AS RETURN 1')
      END
    : Threw Exception.Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Exception Error Code: 0x80131904, Exception.Message: SELECT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ANSI_PADDING'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or spatial index operations.
    [07:35:01]:     Error:     :StackTrace:   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Setup.Common.SqlRetryHandler.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlCommand sqlCommand, Int32& result)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Setup.Common.SqlRetryHandler.Execute[T](SqlCommand sqlCommand, SqlRetryPolicy retryPolicy, GenericExecute`1 genericExecute)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Setup.DBConfigurationHelper.DBConfiguration.RunSqlCommandsList(IEnumerable`1 sqlCommands)
    [07:35:01]:     Error:     :RunStandardScripts failed with the following exception: : Threw Exception.Type: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, Exception Error Code: 0x80131604, Exception.Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    [07:35:01]:     Error:     :StackTrace:   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SetupFramework.ActionEngine.Action.Run(String displayStringNamespace, ProgressData progressData, Func`2 progressDelegate)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SetupFramework.ActionEngine.InstallStep.Run(String displayStringNamespace, ProgressData progressData, Func`2 progressDelegate)
    [07:35:01]:     Error:     :Inner Exception.Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Exception Error Code: 0x80131604, Exception.Message: SELECT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ANSI_PADDING'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or spatial index operations.
    [07:35:01]:     Error:      :InnerException.StackTrace:   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Setup.DBConfigurationHelper.DBConfiguration.RunSqlCommandsList(IEnumerable`1 sqlCommands)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Setup.DBConfigurationHelper.DBConfiguration.RunSqlScripts(String configStep)
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.Essentials.SetupFramework.InstallItemsDelegates.OMDatabaseProcessor.RunScripts(String script, InstallingAction action)
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.Essentials.SetupFramework.InstallItemsDelegates.OMDatabaseProcessor.RunStandardScripts()
    [07:35:01]:     Error:     :FATAL ACTION: RunStandardScripts
    [07:35:01]:     Error:     :FATAL ACTION: DatabaseActions

"I live and die by the command line" -JL 2010 © ©

Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This seems to be more of an SQL Server error, the ANSI_PADDING must be ON when you are creating or changing indexes on computed columns or indexed views, make sure it's set to ON.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/set-ansi-padding-transact-sql?redirectedfrom=MSDN&view=sql-server-2016

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Leon, we need to make sure ANSI_PADDING is on. A similar link for the reference:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/a874b4b2-05ad-4066-9811-30939188d695/select-failed-because-the-following-set-options-have-incorrect-settin?forum=transactsql

Hope it can help.

Best regards.

Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 12, 2020 4:32 AM
  • The padding was not the issue. 

This install has been an absolute nightmare.  Now when I go to install the Web Console its telling me that IIS MEtabase is not installed and I have installed it 3 times.  I deleted pending.xml and no luck.  It meets all pre-requisites but the MEtabase part and it is installed.  

I think its time to do away with SCOM and go with another product

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:46 AM
  • What error are you receiving when attempting to install the Web Console?

The following script will install all the prerequisites for the Web Console:

Add-WindowsFeature NET-WCF-HTTP-Activation45,Web-Static-Content,Web-Default-Doc,Web-Dir-Browsing,Web-Http-Errors,Web-Http-Logging,Web-Request-Monitor,Web-Filtering,Web-Stat-Compression,Web-Mgmt-Console,Web-Metabase,Web-Asp-Net,Web-Windows-Auth –Restart

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 12:00 PM
  • COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!!!!

I HATE SCOM!!

I uninstalled every single Web Console requirement and reinstalled.  This is a brand new server!!!

Explain this to me Microsoft!

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 12:09 PM
  • If you added the role/feature while the Operations Manager Setup wizard is running, the "Verify Prerequisites Again" will not update. You need to close the Operations Manager Setup wizard and start it again for it to refresh.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 12:11 PM
  • Hi, 

It is suggested to restart the server after we install the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility role service. After login again, try to install SCOM 2019 and see if it is working.

Hope it can help.

Best regards.

Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:44 AM
  • I didnt add the feature while setup was running.  I completely reboot the box multiple times and it does the same thing.  I blew away the database, servers and everything and started fresh.  Still had a ton of issues but was able to get it installed.  

Now, I have the issue where when I need to put in an override I get just a blank box.  Reinstalled console, checked permissions, my account is a sysadmin on the DB, Domain and Local Admin, SCOM admin.  Still doesnt work.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 11:33 AM
  • Did you overcome the previous installation errors that you mentioned? If you did, can you share what you did?

If you managed to install SCOM 2019 successfully without errors, then I suggest you create a new thread for your override issue so we don't mix multiple issues in one thread.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 11:41 AM