none
Incorporate Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver into a Windows Small Business Server 2008 Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have been trying for the last week to incorporate Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver into a Windows Small Business Server 2008 Image. The reason for doing this, is that we purchased a new Supermicro Server. The problem we have is that the installation halt because there is no support for USB keyboard or mouse.

The Supermicro Server X11SCL-F has a Intel Xeon e-2100 processor onboard.

I have followed the a procedure setup on how to include drivers into a .wim image on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

But every time I get to the adding of the drivers, I get an Error 50:

The command specified is unknown or not supported when running DISM.exe against a Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or a Windows Server 2008 target image.

For more information, see the Help documentation available in the Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows-AIK) or the Windows OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK).

I have gone back to using ImageX to mount the image and using peimg on a Vista computer to add drivers to the SBS 2008 image. I was able to add the *.inf files, but wen booting the added files makes the image fail.

Regards

Pieter

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:48 AM

Answers

All replies