none
No of user limit in report server RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any no of user limit to authenticate for report server. I'm giving access to hundreds of users for report server. I know there is a work around to add same functional group users into one group and then giving access to report server to that group. But I just want to know if I keep giving access to hundreds of users, then is there any limit in report server.

I've already given access to 350 users, and the report server security page is taking 5 minutes to add additional user.

I've never been faced this type of issue before. So it would be great if there is anyone can help me!

Thanks

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Uttam Dhar,

As far as I know, there is not limit of use in security in SSRS. Have you met some error messages? Or just taking long time to add additional user?

I think it may is not an issue, long time is spent loading a large number of users. The solution you have mentioned, please add same functional group users into one group and then giving access to report server to that group. In this way, the web portal loading can greatly reduced so that add more users fast.

BTW, how about your last post: Issue with cascaded parameter using default value doesn't work in report server If the reply answered your question, could you please help 'Mark as answer' which can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread and increase the motivation of forum support staff to answer your questions?

Thanks for your contribution.

Best Regards

Dawn

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 1:50 AM
  • Hello friend,
    Have you solved the question?
    If you have resolved your issue, could you please mark the useful reply as answer? This can be beneficial to other community members finding and reading the thread easily. 
    In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 13, 2020 5:23 AM