none
BSOD on Hyper-V Host after Upgrading to 1903 RRS feed

Answers

• Right, I was on 1809 and as mentioned took a 10-day vacation like a genius so I could not revert.  Fortunately after some pestering around I was able to find an 1809 image and am on it now, actually.  To MSFT's credit a full reinstall is nowhere near as painful as it once used to be.

Anyways, my gut tells me that this is a bug in 1903.  I will hunker down with 1809 until 1909 and pray they got it fixed.  I will update this thread accordingly. ;)

• Marked as answer by Mike-EEE Saturday, October 26, 2019 1:15 PM
    Saturday, October 26, 2019 1:15 PM
  • 5 days now of intensive usage under 1809 with ZERO BSODs occurring... this is not a hardware issue.
    • Marked as answer by Mike-EEE Thursday, October 31, 2019 8:11 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike.

Upload the .DMP file created by Windows when the bugcheck error occurred to your OneDrive, make it publicly available and post the URL here, so we can try to analyze and suggest you a solution.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:03 PM
  • Ah sorry for the confusion, Bruno.  I had already done that in the provided link above:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgSt7TEEAf8En7JznwBTKEaSOjp5oA

Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide to assist.

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:06 PM
  • Ah sorry for the confusion, Bruno.  I had already done that in the provided link above:

Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide to assist.

The memory dump files have recorded a 0x000001CA (SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) bug check, which indicates that the system is hung and not processing timer ticks.
    Did you make any other change on the system? What about the drivers? Are all of them upd to date?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

Friday, October 18, 2019 11:19 PM
  • Thank you for taking the time to investigate, Luigi.  That was the conclusion made in Reddit as well, hence the ping here to a Hyper-V resource.

The only change I have made to this machine is upgrading from 1809 to 1903 19 days ago.  It worked fine until then, with no crashing.  After upgrading to 1903 it has been crashing on a daily basis.  Unfortunately, it is past the arbitrary 10 day window so I cannot revert back to 1809.

I have also updated all drivers and have updated BIOS, as stated in the Reddit thread above.  This has not fixed the crashes and they still occur on a daily basis.

In fact, another has just now occurred while returning to my machine this evening.  I have placed the minidump of this crash in the above folder for your review.

Any additional suggestions and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, October 19, 2019 4:11 AM
  • 1) To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

2) Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

3) Then use 7zip to organize the files and one drive, drop box, or google drive to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

4) Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

5) There are two files for you to find manually:

a) C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find results.

b) dxdiag:  

In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

6) Please run the above commands / steps and post results before performing the next steps.

7) Uninstall and reinstall:  

rt640x64.sys

Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/updating-a-driver/a5e6345e-af9b-4099-bef0-8d22254aa1c1

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Unofficial Realtek update site for older drivers -

https://www.realtek.cz/download-RTL8101E-network-driver-for-Windows7-64bit.html

8) uninstall the Nvidia GPU driver using DDU (display driver uninstaller)
    9) re-install the Nvidia GPU driver from the Nvidia website
    10) make sure that you check the clean install box and if available install the physx driver.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.1.5 (or newer version if available)
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/367109-display-driver-uninstaller-how-use.html

Download Drivers | NVIDIA
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

rt640x64.sys Mon Oct 22 09:34:45 2018 (5BCDE005)

nvlddmkm.sys Thu Sep 26 18:25:12 2019 (5D8D48D8)

Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:20 AM
  • Hi @questionsformicrosoftproducts thank you for your reply.  Are you saying you cannot diagnose the problem with the provided crash dumps?
    Monday, October 21, 2019 7:19 AM
  • I can confirm that I have encountered another BSOD after installing 1903.  These did not occur in 1809 and prior.  I have updated with another memory dump in the provided link.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Edited by Mike-EEE Monday, October 21, 2019 7:29 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 7:28 AM
  • When there are computer problems they can be reported or found viewing multiple computer files.

For comprehensive troubleshooting please post the results of the administrative command prompt command with dxdiag.

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:03 AM
  • Sure @questionsformicrosoftproducts since that is a lot of sensitive information that you are requesting, I hope you'll understand I do not feel comfortable posting it in a public forum.  If there is specific information that is not covered by the memory dumps that you think would assist in your diagnosis I would be happy to look into providing it for you.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Monday, October 21, 2019 9:35 AM
  • The logs are msinfo32, dxdiag, event viewer, drivers,etc.

There should be no personal files.

Debugging dump files provides limited information.

For example two drivers should have been replaced.

Having the files displays the driver versions.

Debugging dump files does not display the versions as seen on the computer and motherboard manufacturer's websites.

Windows error reporting (WER) is not in dump files.

Please post a share link and as soon as it is viewed a post will be made so that you can delete it.

This method, to collect these files, and other is typical of many forums that troubleshoot BSOD.

Monday, October 21, 2019 12:04 PM
  • This is the first I have seen of it, which is why I ask.  Right away I see that some of this information specifies for user/domain/drives on the system, as well as IP address of the connected network interface.  These are all very sensitive information for anyone to provide an attack vector could exploit.  Hope that makes sense.

Debugging dump files does not display the versions as seen on the computer and motherboard manufacturer's websites.

As far as I and others can tell from the dump files, no drivers are found to be the culprit here, which has made this particularly difficult to discern the issue.  Please feel free to correct my understanding here.

• Edited by Mike-EEE Monday, October 21, 2019 12:26 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 12:19 PM
  • There were two drivers to replace per the earlier post.

There are people that are afraid to post dump files as they too have information on the computer.

Anybody can fear the unknown.

There are websites that can debug dump files,

That often does not fix the underlying computer problems.

Again there are websites that provide comprehensive troubleshooting of BSOD by viewing multiple log files and troubleshooting the computer environment.

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Nodding along, just pointing out that you're making the claim that there are "no personal files" when in fact the information you are requesting is incredibly personal and can easily be utilized for nefarious purposes, is all.

I have gone ahead and have reinstalled 1903 from scratch, removing everything and starting over.  All drivers are now whatever 1903 installs by default.

Let's see how this does.  Considering I have been suffering from BSODs every day for the past week or so, I probably should have done this sooner. :P

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:35 PM
  • Unfortunately another BSOD has occurred.  This environment is now a completely default install with only the Hyper-V feature enabled with my guest VMs loaded (from scratch -- recreating all machines from new configuration).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:28 PM
  • Information in the computer log files can be troubleshooted.

Within Technet there are hundreds of posts with the results of the administrative prompt command with dxdiag.

If you are able to coordinate deletion after posting that can be done.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:17 PM
  • Indeed @questionsformicrosoftproducts I have been checking out sysnative as well and see they have an application that does everything for you, so this is common practice for BSODs and I am more comfortable with it.  I have put your requested information the OneDrive folder above.
    Friday, October 25, 2019 5:07 AM
  • The administrative command prompt collects information similar to the old log collector on Ten Forums. 

The Sysnative and current Ten Forums log collectors are much more elaborate.

None collect memory dumps but they may report whether they do or do not exist.

Some opening posters have posted the other log collector results for troubleshooting.

Please post results of any collected logs into the newest post so that time is spent troubleshooting the logs rather than searching the thread for the post with the link.

For share links please use one drive, drop box, or google drive.

Friday, October 25, 2019 6:01 AM
  • Ah sorry about that!  Here you are:

Friday, October 25, 2019 10:50 AM
  • The requested logs were not included in the link.

Friday, October 25, 2019 1:52 PM
  • Boh I thought you were asking specifically for DxDiag.  If you're asking for the whole kit n kaboodle, I have posted it in SysNative here:

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/attachments/sysnativefilecollectionapp-zip.53094/

Friday, October 25, 2019 2:12 PM
  • The memory dump is missing from the earlier post.

Please post the new memory dumps as they occur if file size < 1.5 GB

Friday, October 25, 2019 6:48 PM
  • I have been, in the OneDrive link.  Are they not there for you?  There should be 9, with the latest occurring yesterday.

The SysNative zip also has the latest one from yesterday.

• Edited by Mike-EEE Friday, October 25, 2019 6:54 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2019 6:50 PM
  • There are different types of dump files.

Look for C:\windows\memory.dmp

Friday, October 25, 2019 6:54 PM
  • Ah the FULL one... that's 3.5GB, which is bigger than your limit. :(
    Friday, October 25, 2019 7:08 PM
  • I had an earlier one that was 2.5GB but deleted it from OneDrive.  I've restored that one, if that helps.
    Friday, October 25, 2019 7:09 PM
  • For new BSOD check the size of C:\windows\memory.dmp

For files < 1.5 GB post share links into the newest posts.

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:13 PM
  • For new BSOD check the size of C:\windows\memory.dmp

This one is is 3.5GB.

For files < 1.5 GB post share links into the newest posts.

None of these files are less than 1.5GB.  The one I do have was from last week and it is 2.5GB, provided in the OneDrive link.

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:29 PM
  • The size will vary for each BSOD crash.

Windows has default settings to overwrite them.

If there is a lot of free drive space the settings can be modified in startup and recovery.

For any < 2 GB you can post share links.

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:33 PM
  • > The size will vary for each BSOD crash.

Right.

> Windows has default settings to overwrite them.

Right, not sure of the ask here?  Please clarify.

> If there is a lot of free drive space the settings can be modified in startup and recovery.

I do.  Not sure what needs to change?

> For any < 2 GB you can post share links.

As stated, I do not have any < 2GB files.  I do have a 2.5 in OneDrive for you.  Are you saying you cannot use that?

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:46 PM
  • Most websites will not download memory dumps due to the large size.

If they are downloaded they are typically limited to 1 GB.

Currently, you can post share links up to 2 GB.

If memory dumps are not saved then they are overwritten with the next memory dump file.

This by default is to not consume lots of free drive space.

The settings can be modified by run then type: Sysdm.cpl then click advanced tab, in startup and recovery click settings, on the bottom uncheck overwrite any existing file and check disable automatic deletion of memory dumps when disk space is low and reboot.

Windows can still delete memory dump files so it's best to save them.

Friday, October 25, 2019 8:20 PM
  • OK... got it.  Did you try downloading that MEMORY.DMP file?  I tried on another account (non-owner), and was able to download all 2.5GB... so it would seem this limit is not applied to OneDrive.

In fact, the biggest file size looks to be 10GB:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2605912/onedrive-now-allows-files-of-up-to-10gb.html

Friday, October 25, 2019 8:39 PM
  • AND GOOD NEWS... YOU'RE IN LUCK! 😆

I had yet another BSOD and this one is 2.82, so we saved .7GB on the size.  Uploading now.

Friday, October 25, 2019 8:43 PM
  • Download speeds vary.

An opening poster may have 1000 MB/sec.

A helper may have 5 MB/sec.

So most websites do not routinely view memory dumps.

Friday, October 25, 2019 8:50 PM
  • So most websites do not routinely view memory dumps.

Getting confused here again... we're only using one site and that one site is OneDrive. :)

Friday, October 25, 2019 8:57 PM
  • For example, Sysnative , Ten forums, etc. will collect mini dumps.

They do not routinely collect memory dumps.

There are specific bugchecks where memory dumps are needed.

Many threads need help so it is efficient to collect mini dumps.

This weekend if there are new BSOD you can post a share link up to 2.5 GB

Friday, October 25, 2019 9:04 PM
  • This weekend if there are new BSOD you can post a share link up to 2.5 GB

Sounds like something is lost in our communication here.  There is a previous 2.5GB MEMORY.DMP file (in the Full folder) and now a 2.82GB MEMORY.DMP file that is located here for you to download and use right now:

This is from the BSOD from today, a few hours ago.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Friday, October 25, 2019 9:23 PM
  • Debugging of both memory dumps (Fri Oct 18 and Fri Oct 25)

displayed the same misbehaving drivers:

nlddmkm.sys

rt640x64.sys

The steps for troubleshooting were posted on Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:20 AM

nvlddmkm.sys Fri Oct 27 10:49:39 2017 (59F35593)

Having reinstalled the operating system with new drivers this typically

indicates problems with hardware.

Steps can be provided to test: CPU, GPU, Drive, and RAM.

There is no test for the motherboard. Once other hardware are ruled out

the motherboard is done by swap or replacement.

Posting in multiple forums can be confusing for all involved. So please

choose one forum for troubleshooting.

Saturday, October 26, 2019 3:07 AM
  • Cool I appreciate the efforts here.  Can you provide the context/information that shows where these drivers are misbehaving?

Everyone who has looked at the dumps so far has said that the problem is in the Hypervisor, via a SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT:

https://askbob.tech/what-is-a-bug-check-0x1ca-synthetic_watchdog_timeout/

As for hardware issue, these BSODs did not occur in 1809, and only started in 1903.

BTW, there are no "Answers" here until my machine stops BSODing on the daily. 😆
    • Edited by Mike-EEE Saturday, October 26, 2019 7:09 AM
    Saturday, October 26, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Microsoft has software to debug dump files named Windbg.

This software was used to debug the mini and memory dumps.

There were many mini dump files and there were no problematic drivers seen in the debugging.

For the memory dump on October 18 there were two drivers seen in the debugging.

Both were hardware drivers.

There were no files (msinfo32, driver table, dxdiag) available to identify the driver versions.

The data from Windbg was posted.

Troubleshooting steps were posted for these hardware drivers.

You chose to clean install.

After clean install new drivers were installed.

Windows likely performed updates on these drivers.

There were recurrent BSOD with the same bugcheck, 1CA, after the clean install.

The memory dump debugging of the BSOD on October 25 displayed the same hardware drivers.

nvlddmkm.sys Fri Oct 27 10:49:39 2017 (59F35593)

So the problems remain after a clean install with new drivers.

Clean install removed many but not all confounding factors.

Hypervisor was still in use.

These are consistent with malfunctioning hardware:

a) multiple mini dumps with no problematic drivers seen with debugging

b) recurrent memory dump problematic drivers (after clean install with driver replacement)

It creates confusion to have troubleshooting performed on multiple websites.

Downtime is required for further testing.
    Saturday, October 26, 2019 11:29 AM
  • These are consistent with malfunctioning hardware

So why didn't this happen when I was using 1809 without any BSODs for 8 months of continuous operation?

Further, the BSODs occur consistently in SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, always while idle and never while in active use.  If it were a hardware issue there would be different errors codes and it would most certainly occur while actively using.

It creates confusion to have troubleshooting performed on multiple websites.

Not sure what you mean by this.  I have this issue posted on ~7 threads to maximize exposure and awareness.  Unfortunately, none have been able to crack this issue.

Downtime is required for further testing.

Assuming this is a hardware issue, and I have yet to be convinced that it is.  I do appreciate your assistance and efforts, however!

• Edited by Mike-EEE Saturday, October 26, 2019 11:47 AM
    Saturday, October 26, 2019 11:46 AM
  • Search Technet using hypervisor BSOD to see if any other threads have useful information.

Windows 10 operating systems can be changed for testing purposes:  1809, 1803, 1709, 1703, etc.

Saturday, October 26, 2019 12:17 PM
  • Right, I was on 1809 and as mentioned took a 10-day vacation like a genius so I could not revert.  Fortunately after some pestering around I was able to find an 1809 image and am on it now, actually.  To MSFT's credit a full reinstall is nowhere near as painful as it once used to be.

Anyways, my gut tells me that this is a bug in 1903.  I will hunker down with 1809 until 1909 and pray they got it fixed.  I will update this thread accordingly. ;)

• Marked as answer by Mike-EEE Saturday, October 26, 2019 1:15 PM
    Saturday, October 26, 2019 1:15 PM
  • Same behaviour (BSOD) here but with a windows 10 1809 version and Hyper-v feature  "On"

In my case everything started when I replaced a 560 Nvidia graphc card with a GTX 1050. When I reverted to the 560 card the problem disappear. I've test with a second GTX1050 and currently with a GTX 1060. BSOD after 12/24 hours

This is my memory dump and dxdiag file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUUnKiO6vUvglP7ifhXRJMNc8zo?e=ZcP4pT

minidump analisys:
    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+22d143    fffff806`77c12000    fffff806`78682000    0x00a70000    0x320760b6    06-08-1996 17:11:50    Microsoft® Windows® Operating System    NT Kernel & System    10.0.17763.802 (WinBuild.160101.0800)    Microsoft Corporation    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe    
    nvlddmkm.sys    nvlddmkm.sys+1e83ed    fffff806`84470000    fffff806`8589a000    0x0142a000    0x5cac844b    09-04-2019 13:38:51                        

• Edited by Maki0 Saturday, October 26, 2019 6:02 PM
    Saturday, October 26, 2019 5:52 PM
  • Same behaviour (BSOD) here but with a windows 10 1809 version and Hyper-v feature  "On"

In my case everything started when I replaced a 560 Nvidia graphc card with a GTX 1050. When I reverted to the 560 card the problem disappear. I've test with a second GTX1050 and currently with a GTX 1060. BSOD after 12/24 hours

This is my memory dump and dxdiag file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUUnKiO6vUvglP7ifhXRJMNc8zo?e=ZcP4pT

minidump analisys:
    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+22d143    fffff806`77c12000    fffff806`78682000    0x00a70000    0x320760b6    06-08-1996 17:11:50    Microsoft® Windows® Operating System    NT Kernel & System    10.0.17763.802 (WinBuild.160101.0800)    Microsoft Corporation    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe    
    nvlddmkm.sys    nvlddmkm.sys+1e83ed    fffff806`84470000    fffff806`8589a000    0x0142a000    0x5cac844b    09-04-2019 13:38:51                        

The dump files have recorded a 0x00000133 (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) bug check, caused by the nvlddmkm.sys module, which is part of the NVIDIA driver: there should be compatibility issues with one of those video cards.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

Saturday, October 26, 2019 7:02 PM
  • Maki0 ,

Please open a new thread and post the link into this thread.

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use 7zip to organize the files and one drive, drop box, or google drive to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There are two files for you to find manually:

a) C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find results.

b) dxdiag:  

In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Saturday, October 26, 2019 8:50 PM
  • New thread

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3b7fe23-44cd-4de3-942d-ed498cf1d2b5/bsod-in-windows-10-1809-and-hyperv-feature-on?forum=win10itprosetup

Sunday, October 27, 2019 10:29 AM
  • 5 days now of intensive usage under 1809 with ZERO BSODs occurring... this is not a hardware issue.
    • Marked as answer by Mike-EEE Thursday, October 31, 2019 8:11 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 8:11 AM
  • Please post new logs for scanning.

If there are no unexpected shutdowns / restarts the consider reporting to Microsoft via the feedback hub.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4021566/windows-10-send-feedback-to-microsoft-with-feedback-hub-app

Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:19 AM
  • Indeed, I created a ticket roughly two weeks ago:

https://aka.ms/AA6ekem

They have done a fine job ignoring and disregarding it since then. 😉

I would appreciate an upvote or two if you have the time, however. 😊

Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:37 AM
  • If you can upload the results of the administrative command prompt command or the log collector they can be scanned for BSOD or unexpected shutdowns / restarts.
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:57 AM
  • I do realize this, thank you.  However, I am reporting that there are ZERO crashes after five days on 1809, and so it is NOT a hardware issue.  With 1903 they were occurring nearly every day.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:24 PM