Configuring SharePoint 2016 - Multiple Run As Accounts Assistance RRS feed

• Question

• Morning,

I am in need of assistance with this. Specifically, is it possible to modify the sharepoint configuration file to handle two SharePoint Discovery/Monitoring Accounts, each with their own list of sharepoint servers?

I have a SCOM 2019 DR environment, with QC and Prod Sharepoint servers and I need to be able to monitor both with this one SCOM 2019 environment. 

I have two service accounts for this, one for QC (svc-scomspa_q) and Prod (svc-scomspa_p). I have added both the Run As Profile already. But this other part I cannot figure out.

Thanks for your time and assistance!

TS.

Monday, July 27, 2020 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For our issue, we can try to set the "Run As account will be used to manage the following objects" when we add Run As account into Run As profile.

Hope it can help.

Best regards.
    Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:21 AM
  • Morning and thank you.

I will try this and let you know.

Does this mean that I do not need to be concerned with modifying the sharepoint.config file?

T.S.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:36 AM
  • Basically, the sharepoint config file is just a helper that will configure run as profile and timesync overrides for you.

There is no obligation to use it at all; and I personally find it pretty confusing actually :)

• Edited by CyrAz Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:56 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:56 AM
  • Morning,

I agree with you!

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:10 PM
  • Hi Tony,

Also agreed. Please try it. If there's any update or if there's anything else we can help, feel free to let us know.

Best regards.

Crystal

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:56 AM
  • And even more importantly, don't forget to brush your teeth!
    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:06 PM
  • Afternoon,

That one is funny...

Thank you for the "advise". I am waiting on the SharePoint folks to finish up some things and then I will try your suggestions.

Let you know the outcome.

Thank you,

TS

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:44 PM
  • Hi Tony,

Thanks for the information. If there's any update, feel free to let us know.

Best regards.

Crystal

Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:40 AM