none
Cannot install KB4484071 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

this Forums/windowsserver/en-US/f601102f-0812-4338-9d7e-2ec5db507ca0/kb4484071-manual-installation-fail?forum=smallbusinessserver2011essentials didn't solve it. I have this equipment:

1. SBS 2011 Standard SP1
    2. Exchange 2010 V14.01.0438.000

Since couple of months I cannot install the mentioned update. While the installation process for a short moment the CMD window appears but I don't really see any commands which are executed.

Then, the update fails. It is in German but I hope the meaning of it is understandable.

I cannot post images and links so add to the above link social.technet.microsoft.com

Any idea how I can fix it? Please, no suggestion as in the above thread stated - it doesn't help.

Thx

Monday, December 23, 2019 12:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure that prerequisites have been met:
    1. Windows Monthly Rollup released March 12, 2019 or later, such as
    KB4489878 or higher rollup for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 installed:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4489878

2. .NET Framework 3.5

>Then, the update fails. It is in German but I hope the meaning of it is understandable.
    Please provide me the general description/detail information about the error message of failure update installation.

Please open CMD with admin permission, then, run “sfc /scannow” to check/repair system files first.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 6:56 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 26, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hi, I apologize I didn't reply as I wasn't for some reasons notified by email. Your 2nd post triggered an email so I am now replying.

Please allow me till Saturday as I cannot reboot the SBS during the week. I will reply for sure till Sunday.

Thank you very much!

Thursday, December 26, 2019 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

Please feel free to let us know if there is any update or more concerns.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, December 27, 2019 1:21 AM
  • 1)

I tried this link as stated in the link you provided: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4489878

Which one should I download for SBS 2011 Standard? You talk about Server 2008 R2 SP1 but when I try to install it I get the message the update isn't for my server.

2)

.NET Framework 3.5 - What about it?

3)

sfc /scannowNo integrity violation was found.

4)

Error message while installation: Unfortunately the forum doesn't let me post any images because I have still 0 points even I am since 6 years a member. I think, it can be considered I am not a spammer with such a long time of membership.

There is a code 643 and just the information that the update couldn't be installed.

Sunday, December 29, 2019 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

1>
    SBS 2011 is based on Windows Server 2008 R2, so, update is applied.

2>
    Please reference “How to: Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed” to confirm the details:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

3> 
    If uploading the screenshot is not possible, please write down the error message. Also, please run Winver and provide me the detail OS name and build number. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, December 30, 2019 8:43 AM
  • Eve, first, I want to express how much I appreciate your help. Now the answers for your questions:

1) OK, I understand now.

2) According to the link and the registry entry I have this version on SBS installed: 3.5.30729.5420

3) Yes, the only one error code/message I see is "Error code 643"

Thx

Monday, December 30, 2019 5:59 PM
  • Hi,

In order to have further identification, log file collecting and analyzing is necessary in order to have further identification:
    1. Delete existing CBS log under %systemroot%\Logs\CBS.
    2. Manually download and install the update, and try to reproduce the problem.
    3. Collecting CBS log under %systemroot%\Logs\CBS.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:04 AM
  • I have done it.

This wonderful forum site doesn't support file upload and I cannot post links to a file where you could download it.

Tell me how to  provide you the 1'348 lines long CBD.log file so you can check it. Should I really post it here? Or, can you write me in a private message an email address to which I should email it?

I try it now like this, I hope it works:

https

://gofile.io/

?c=IH6ZLe

Concatenate the above lines and then you should get the download link. Is there a way I can become upgraded [I am since almost 7 years regsitered] so I can post a link like a human?

Let me know when you have downloaded it so I can remove it.

Thx Eve for your support.

Sunday, January 19, 2020 12:44 PM
  • Reading the error messages in the CBD.log - can this help me?

https
    ://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/
    scriptcenter/
    Reset-WindowsUpdateps1-e0c5eb78

Sunday, January 19, 2020 12:52 PM
  • Hi,

In order to have further identification, log file collecting and analyzing is necessary in order to have further identification:

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Hi, I replied 10 days ago. Do we continue or did it stop?

Thx

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact 

Hi, how is the progress?
    Friday, January 31, 2020 1:32 PM