LiveMeeting 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I use live meeting 2007 on a daily basis to schedule meetings and training events that are scheduled weeks in advance. I have been told that the Live Meeting service will completely stop June 30 2011 and that all of my schedule meetings and their associated ID's will be invalid from that point. If this is the case what happens to all the meetings I have scheduled after this date? Is there a seamless migration to another service? Ideally I would like to continue to use Live Meeting for at least a couple of months after the end of June so that I can seamlessly migrate to another service. Have I been told correct information or will my Live meeting 2007 service continue after June 2011?

Saturday, June 18, 2011 9:18 AM

All replies

• Based on what I heard this past week, I would say very confidently that the Live Meeting Online service will not stop at the end of this month, nor will it be going away in the near future. Microsoft understands that there are a lot of customers using the service, and that many people have scheduled meetings in LMO well out in the future past the end of this month. So the service will remain available after the General Availability date for Office 365, but there will be an end date for it.

The expectation is that customers will make a move to the Lync Online Conferencing functionality as a replacement for Live Meeting Online. There are some aspects of LMO that will not be available in Lync Conferencing, so you'll want to review the new service's capabilities to see how it will or will not be able to meet your needs moving forward.

(Please keep in mind that I'm just referring to the Live Meeting Online service available from Microsoft Online Services, if you're talking about a different Live Meeting service integrated with an on premise implementation, I'm not up to date on Microsoft's plans for that platform)

John

MCITP and MCTS: SharePoint, Virtualization, Project Server 2007
    My books on Amazon: The SharePoint 2010 Disaster Recovery Guide and The SharePoint 2007 Disaster Recovery Guide.
    My blog: My Central Admin.
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:43 PM
  • Thanks John. I use  BT Livemeeting in the UK so  hopefully they will have plans for the service to continue at least in the short term.
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 4:24 PM
  • We're definitely not turning off BPOS LiveMeeting on 30-JUN-11. In fact, we're going to leave LiveMeeting running for at least year after we transition you from BPOS to Office 365 precisely so you don't have to delete recurring meetings and the like.
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 3:11 PM
  • Almost one year after the launch of Office 365, are there any updated roadmap plans for LiveMeeting?  We use (and enable clients on) Lync Online.  However, we depend of LiveMeeting's conferencing options and controls (registration and registration reports, and more).

Would love to have some visibility on the conferencing features roadmap for Lync Online or end of life plans for LiveMeeting.

Thank you!

Friday, May 25, 2012 12:01 PM
  • The EOL for LiveMeeting won't take place at least until after the transitions are finalized from BPOS-S to O365.  As for a quoted date, there isn't one, and I'm not sure there will be one anytime soon.

Have a great day,

Dan

www.insecurityinc.info

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:59 PM