Power Query Data Refresh outside Corp Network over Data Management Gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

I'd like to use an on premise SQL Database in PowerBI and with PowerPivot. Currently, our mobile workforce is refreshing the existing PowerPivot data models in a Excel over Citrix. This is ok, but in a Cloud First and Mobile First World, this is not my favorite setup.

So we installed the data management gateway on our internal SQL and made it available over PowerBI. It is everything perfectly fine in the PowerBI admin center. Gateway ok, Data Source ok and I can access it over PowerQuery or OData.

But as soon as I have it in the catalogue and want to refresh, it always takes the internal name of the data base and reports an error if updating from outside the corporate network (connected over reverse proxy). It works fine from inside.

Is a scenario where I have an on premise SQL in PowerBI and want to refresh from outside the corporate network not supported, yet? Or do I have to use some special connection and not OData? Or have we missconfigured something?

Thanks for all your support!

Best Regards,
    Sven

Saturday, May 16, 2015 1:49 PM

Answers

All replies