none
SCCM support for Oracle Cloud vs Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone know if ConfgMgr current branch is supported on Oracle Cloud?  I only see information that it is supported on Azure, but nothing about other cloud platforms.  I have a client that wants to run SCCM infrastructure servers on Oracle Cloud.

Jacques

JacquesB4

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:01 AM

All replies

• Dont know too muc about Oracle Cloud it might be best to consult the support on the Oracle cloud side first about compatibility.

I would say if they are able to use a Windows OS then technically it could work but it would be better to get in contact with their support to find out about compatiblity and limitations it would have

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:15 AM
  • A "cloud" is simply a data center like any other -- the fact that it has Oracle, or Microsoft or Google, or Amazon, or your company's name on the building is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that the systems are installed on supported hardware (virtual or physical) and use supported operating systems.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:33 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Jason said. It should be supported from theoretical analysis, but it seems that no one has done this. 

Regards,
    Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

It seems there is no update for a couple of days. May we know the current status of the problem? Is there any other assistance we can provide?

Regards,
    Allen

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 9:20 AM
  • We have been struggling to get more information from the client.  We want to know how users access servers built in this cloud and whether it is all internet traffic.  They have a datacenter where we can easily put the primary site and there is good bandwidth to all sites, but for some reason they want it in the cloud and I am not sure how that will work as not all users have internet access.

JacquesB4

Saturday, October 19, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

When we deploy SCCM in Azure, we will deploy the CMG as a cloud service in Microsoft Azure, CMG provides a simple way to manage Configuration Manager clients on the internet. Oracle Cloud is a third-party tool, sorry I can't provide more help.

Regards,
    Allen

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:18 AM