none
What is the delay to get configuration baseline results ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

After one day of deployment my new baseline has been evaluated on 40% of the targeted computers. I know that average 80% of the target computers are online, so I still miss 40% of the results.

According to TechNet documentation : The evaluation schedule initiates a compliance evaluation that starts randomly within the next two hours. This random initiation ensures that the management point is not saturated with compliance results from multiple clients at the same time.

According to this doc, after 3 hours all active clients should have sent results (1 hour to retrieve machine policies + 2 hours of randomization).

Is my understanding right ?

What's your experience with Your CB evaluation delay ?

Regards.

Friday, May 19, 2017 12:15 PM

All replies

• What is the default baseline evaluation schedule? This setting is in client setting - compliance settings.

Is the baseline deploy to machine or user? If it is deployed to user collection, then when user logs on, it's evaluated for compliance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 22, 2017 3:21 AM
  • Default evaluation schedule is 7 days.

The baseline is deployed to computers with a schedule of one day.

Note that default compliance evaluation schedule has no impact on actual evaluation schedule.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680847.aspx

There is a default compliance evaluation schedule of one week configured for the site, which you can modify with your preferred default evaluation schedule. This value is then displayed when you assign a configuration baseline. However, you can override this default value during the assignment process so that if necessary, each assigned configuration baseline has an independent compliance evaluation schedule. For example, you might want to increase the frequency of how often you evaluate for compliance with selected configuration baselines because they monitor configurations that are more likely to change, or because they are high-priority configurations.

Monday, May 22, 2017 6:07 AM
  • Current docs https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/compliance/deploy-use/deploy-configuration-baselines say

"If the configuration baseline is deployed to a computer, it is evaluated for compliance within two hours of the start time that you schedule."

However, not convinced that this is always true - often seems longer, much longer!

Friday, October 18, 2019 2:53 PM