none
Chenge Tenant for an Azure Subcription Best Practice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i would like to know what are the best practice to change directory/tenant for an azure subscription. I suppose that the account with i will do activity have to exist in both subscription as owner, it have to exist also in azure active directory as a global admin?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:01 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reaching out! Please note if you choose to move the subscription to the new account's Azure AD tenant, all role-based access control (RBAC) assignments to manage resources in the subscription are permanently removed. Only the user in the new account who accepts your transfer request will have access to manage resources in the subscription.

For more information , please refer this document.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:54 AM
  • Thanks for reaching out! Please note if you choose to move the subscription to the new account's Azure AD tenant, all role-based access control (RBAC) assignments to manage resources in the subscription are permanently removed. Only the user in the new account who accepts your transfer request will have access to manage resources in the subscription.

For more information , please refer this document.

Hi i red documentation and their impact. So i red also that key vault lose access and also kubernetes(for kubernetes i have to recreate it?)

So my question is. Which kind of permission must have the user with which I have to do the activity?

Regards

Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:45 AM
  • AFAIK, you need Owner or Global Admin role in order to change the tenant of the subscription.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 5:18 AM