Is anyone else having trouble downloading the SQL 2012 Eval iso? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Steve, I'm able to download the filename ENU\SQLFULL_ENU.iso from:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29066

However, it appears that the ISO might be corrupt as the download stops at around 200MB and the correct ISO size produced by our build team is ~4.2GB.  I sent email to a few folks internally and they are looking into it.  I will update this thread with status.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:55 PM
  • I was able to download, but could you please post the SHA-1 hash of sqlfull_enu.iso to verify it?

Thanks.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:51 PM
  • As an alternative, you can still use the second method described on the download page: 

• Download the following files to a temporary directory on your device:
      • SQLFULL_architecture_langauge_Lang.box
      • SQLFULL_architecture_langauge_Install.exe
      • SQLFULL_architecture_langauge_Core.box
    • Once the download(s) are complete, double click on the
      SQLFULL_architecture_langauge_Install.exe to begin the setup process.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:53 PM
  • Steve, it looks like it came back online since I tried earlier this afternoon.  Can you try to download the ENU\SQLFULL_ENU.iso from:

I am now able to download the entire 4.2GB ISO file.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

Friday, March 9, 2012 7:09 AM
  • Hi Sam

I not sure if there might be an issue with your content distribution network, but I can't download a complete copy of the 4.2GB SQL 2012 Eval iso either. The download stops at 200mb.... I live in the UK and am trying to download throgh the JANET academic network. Bandwidth & speed are not a problem on this. I have tried IE, Chrome & firefolx and all browser fail at the same point. I'm also pretty sure its not my network as I was able to download the Windows 8 consumer preview without a hitch...

Any Ideas?

Andy

Sunday, March 11, 2012 2:31 PM
  • Hi Andy, that is the same behavior we are seeing on our internal Microsoft network as well and it appears to be some sort of internal proxy conflict.  As a workaround, do you have a means to download the ISO from outside the JANET network to see if that works for you?  Another option would be to download the 3 individual files (.exe's) and run setup from there.

Thanks for letting us know.  Due to the number of downloads, we were under the impression that this was working for all customers.  I will update the thread when I hear back from the people looking into this.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

Sunday, March 11, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Hi Sam

I started downloading the file with my home internet connection. On the first attempt, it actually crashed IE9 at the 200MB stage, but when I restarted the download, things seem to go a bit better as it passed the 200MB danger zone. However it then crashed IE9 at 478,234KB. I decided I wasnt going to use up any more of my internet bandwith allowance on this, so I created a virtual machine with a basic Windows 7 installation outside our corporate firewall in work to download the file. It worked a treat. The file was down in less that 5 minutes. So, as you suggested, there might be some sort of proxy issue although I can't expain the reason for the failures on my home network...

For you information, my College uses Microsoft ISA 2006 as our firewall/proxy just in case that is any help in finding out what is wrong. Thanks for your help with this.

Andy

Monday, March 12, 2012 12:56 AM