none
reset microsoft groove password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi iam kiranreddy,

i forgot my microsoft groove password how do i reset or recover it.

iam  getting a lot of issues regarding this microsoft groove

the hint i kept also i forgot.How do i reset the password .please give me a solution about these

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:05 PM

All replies

• If you have Microsoft Groove 2007,the login screen will contain a link to reset your password if that is available. Note that mainstream support for this product ended in 2012, and extended support ended in 2017.

If there is no link to reset your password, one of the following is true:

• You have a managed account, and the Groove administrator did not configure self-service password reset. It is possible that the administrator configured manual reset and can do that from the server. 
    • You have an unmanaged account, and the services for this product are no longer available. 
    • You have a managed account, but the server is no longer running, or you cannot reach it. (In this case, I would expect the link to exist but return an error.)

If you are the Groove Server administrator, read "Managing Identity Policies" in the Groove Manager Domain Administrators guide for information on reset options. 

If you do have the link, but are getting an error, let me know, and I'll see what I can find. However, I no longer have the product available to refer to. 

You can check your configured Groove manager server (gms or ems) in Groove 2007. From the File tab, select Options, click Communications Manager, click Network Settings, and then click Advanced Network Settings to see what's configured and if you are connecting to it.  

From the help, here is what you should see as a user: 

Resetting your log-in password or smart card certificate

For security reasons, Groove does not provide features for recovering a forgotten password or a smart card certificate (if you've lost your smart card). However, Groove does provide one or more of the following features to assist you in case you've forgotten your password or need a new smart card certificate:

• For passwords, you can set a hint to remind you of your password. For security reasons, it will never reveal the actual password. An effective hint will remind you (and only you) of your password. It should not enable others to guess your password.
    • Depending on device or identity policies set for your account, you may be able to run the Password Reset or Smart Card Certificate Reset process from the account login window.
    Running the password reset process
    1. In the Groove log-in window, click the Forgot your password? link. If you set a password hint, the Password Hint dialog box opens and displays it. If the password hint reminds you successfully, click OK and proceed with the login.
    2. If the password hint doesn't help you remember your password, click Reset Password.

Note: If you don't see this option, contact your Groove administrator.

Depending on your account type, you see one of the following results:

• Groove displays a prompt telling you that a new temporary password has been sent to your e-mail address.

Note: If you have more than one e-mail address registered with your account (for example, different e-mail addresses registered with different identities), Groove displays a prompt asking you to select which e-mail address you want to receive the new temporary password.

• Groove displays a Reset Password dialog box that lists a password reset access code. Your Groove administrator may ask you to verify the password reset access code before resetting your password. Keep the password Reset window open so that you'll be able to supply this information.
    • If you get the Reset Password option, click Request Reset when your Groove administrator tells you to do so.
    • When the Request Password Reset window appears, follow the instructions to enter and confirm a new password, and click OK.

If your password meets the requirements set by your Groove administrator, you'll be logged into your Groove account.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 5:46 PM