Embedding Power BI Report in CRM Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created/uploaded a Power BI report on Office 365 Power BI portal. The report works fine on its own. Then, I tried creating a CRM Dashboard (System Dashboard with all the right settings) and I have embedded the Power BI report in an iframe. This works perfectly fine on my machine. But when the same dashboard is opened with the same credentials on a different computer I get "Sorry, something went wrong" error with a Correlation ID: ff58e29c-e07d-1000-ad92-637082ee54e. I am able to open the actual URL of the Power BI report that is embedded in the CRM Dashboard iframe in a new browser window. But it does not seem to work when embedded in a Iframe on other machines. 

This is the blog I followed to publish my report on to a CRM dashboard - https://andz88.wordpress.com/2014/09/05/preparing-crm-online-sharepoint-exchange-power-bi-trial-part-4/

Has anyone faced similar issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Friday, January 23, 2015 12:41 AM

Answers

• Make sure the SharePoint site allows for publishing (make sure you are a global admin when researching that). Go to the SharePoint site settings, go to Site Features, and activate "SharePoint Server Publishing".  I also have active "SharePoint Server Enterprise Site features" and "SharePoint Server Standard Site Features.  When activating all that, it took quite a while.  Also before you log into CRM to view the report, first log into SharePoint.  Hope that helps.
    Monday, April 13, 2015 2:58 PM