none
Uploading 2TB VHD as page blob

Question

• Hi,

As new blob limit for is 8TB instead of 1TB, we want to take advantage of the new size limit.

I'm trying to upload 1.5 TB vhd as page blog to standard storage account using Azure storage explorer and getting below error.

{
      "name": "StorageError",
      "message": "The blob type is invalid for this operation.\nRequestId:54af3e25-001e-0014-187b-58eb99000000\nTime:2017-11-08T10:25:39.6440212Z",
      "stack": "Error\n    at Function.StorageServiceClient._normalizeError (C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer\\resources\\app\\node_modules\\azure-storage\\lib\\common\\services\\storageserviceclient.js:1189:23)\n    at Object.StorageServiceClient._processResponse (C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer\\resources\\app\\node_modules\\azure-storage\\lib\\common\\services\\storageserviceclient.js:736:50)\n    at Request.processResponseCallback [as _callback] (C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer\\resources\\app\\node_modules\\azure-storage\\lib\\common\\services\\storageserviceclient.js:311:37)\n    at Request.self.callback (C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer\\resources\\app\\node_modules\\azure-storage\\node_modules\\request\\request.js:188:22)\n    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)\n    at Request.emit (events.js:194:7)\n    at Request.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer\\resources\\app\\node_modules\\azure-storage\\node_modules\\request\\request.js:1171:10)\n    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)\n    at Request.emit (events.js:191:7)\n    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer\\resources\\app\\node_modules\\azure-storage\\node_modules\\request\\request.js:1091:12)",
      "code": "InvalidBlobType",
      "statusCode": 409,
      "requestId": "54af3e25-001e-0014-187b-58eb99000000"

but when I tried to upload 1.5 TB to resource manager/premium storage account, I can upload successfully. 

I would really appreciate if anybody can get back to me on this.

Thanks,

Kiran

Thanks, Gohan

• Edited by Gohan Wednesday, November 08, 2017 11:01 AM
    Wednesday, November 08, 2017 10:57 AM

All replies

• Have you created a classic storage account or an ARM storage account?

Which Storage Replication have you selected while creating the standard Storage Account?

If you have selected the ZRS replication. ZRS is only available for block blobs in general-purpose storage accounts.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, November 08, 2017 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

I used LRS, Locally-Redundant  storage.

Thanks,

kiran

Thanks, Gohan

• Edited by Gohan Friday, November 10, 2017 11:33 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 11:33 AM
  • If possible, create a new container and copy blobs there. If issue persist I recommend you create a technical support ticket to find the root cause of the issue. The ticket enables you to work closely with the support engineers and get a quick resolution for your issue.

Please check the FAQ ‘How do I contact Azure Support?’.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Sunday, November 12, 2017 3:34 PM