none
Pay as you go subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am planning to buy pay as you go subscription for Azure. Already have 2 domain controllers Exchange server and I had it free for a month and did a lot of research and configuration and it was all going good.

However one month passes very quickly so now i will get pay as you go subscription to try to configure more things and prepare for AZ-103 exam. Sure enough i want to see things live 

I used pay as you go calculator and it is great tool. Here is scenario

I want to practice with virtual machines (using Plural Sight training or Udemy) but when i finish with that training i will delete virtual machine and be done with it i need only OS on it just to enter static IP and practice. Once dont i delete machine

Here i can see that i can use virtual machine for one day and pay only 4 dollars which is good deal.

So if i use this virtual machine for 10 hours i should be billed for 10 hours and when i delete VM then billing stops

Same with other services but just to confirm with others so that i dont incur  big costs since it is private configuration not for business

Dalibor Bosic

Monday, September 23, 2019 2:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• As the naming convention goes "Pay-As-You-Go" you pay for what you use. For example if you spin up a VM for testing purpose, you will be billed for the number of mins/hours you use it. The catch here is, the VM consist of two main components such as compute and storage. If you stop the VM, your compute billing will be stopped. However, the billing will still happen for the underlying storage. For more details refer to - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/offers/ms-azr-0003p/

If you're using Azure only for testing/development, you may consider Azure Pay-As-You-Go Dev/Test 
    Note: This offer is exclusively for active Visual Studio subscribers and is limited to development and testing only. Visual Studio subscribers can also sign up for an individual monthly Azure credit (one per subscriber).

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:26 AM
  • Hi

Ya i know that for the storage i will be billed however what if i delete storage as well. Since i will be learning this step by step i create resource including storage i will delete it

Dalibor Bosic

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:28 PM
  • You will be billed for the time that resources were in use. Once the resources are deleted the billing stops.

Hope this clarifies!

Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:24 AM