none
The receive location is shutting down. Details:The File receive adapter cannot monitor receive location File URL: RRS feed

• Question

• I have 1000 receive locations in Biz talk. The path in the receive locations are pointing to 1000 different folders. All folders are residing in the File server. When i am trying to enable all receive locations, only 511 are getting enable and remaining are still in disabled state. I found the below error in Event log common to all disabled state receive locations :

The receive location "Receive Location Name" with URL "Folder Location\*.*" is shutting down.Details:"The FILE receive adapter cannot monitor receive location "Folder Location\*.*" ". 

The File server have MaxMptCt = 5000, BizTalk have MaxCmd = 5000

I am facing this error after windows update was happened.

Please help me with above error.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Naga,

Thank you for posting on MSDN forum.

It seems 1000 Receive locations in BizTalk is a lot and instead of that you can put scripting logic using power-shell to point 5-10 receive location. 

It reduce your maintenance effort as well as will work smoothly.

As you mentioned after Windows update this is causing the issue, I suspect have some limitation within windows. If possible you can try to revert the update and check.

But I would suggest to follow the first approach.  

Thanks,
    Kamlesh Kumar

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 7:42 PM
  • So, yeah, 1000 Receive Receive Locations indicates a design or infrastructure problem.

Do you really need that many?

One solution is run a script using the Windows Task Scheduler that consolidates the file into a more manageable location.  

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 10:15 PM