none
Refresh of HIS servers with the same server names and upgrade from HIS 2010 to HIS 2016, Client remain at HIS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have some HIS servers to refresh with new hardware. I want to accomplish the following:

1. server names need to remain the same but with new hardware.

2. Servers currently using HIS 2010, want to refresh with HIS 2016, clients remain at HIS 2013.

Current setup contains one primary configuration server and 1 or more secondary (backup) configuration servers (depend on test or prod)

I always setup new HIS server with new server name and it is my first time to refresh HIS servers with same server names.

The Plan is to remove backup configuration server first. Do I need to do anything on the HIS 2010 backup server first before decom of the backup configuration server ?

Build new server, install HIS 2016 and add it as backup configuration server

Repeat above steps for each backup configuration server.

When it is time to refresh the primary configuration server, do I promote one of the new backup configuration server using the Configuration Tool ? Does this auto demote the old primary configuration server to become backup configuration server ?

Build new server, install HIS 2016 and add it as backup configuration server to complete the whole refresh cycle.

Is there anything I need to watch out for ? Have I missed anything ?

Monday, October 8, 2018 6:31 AM