none
How to use Azure Free account without credit card RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I created a free azure account, however whenever I try to add something to my account (e.g. a free webservice) im requested to add a subscription with a credit card which i don't currently have as im still a junior/newly developer learning. is there anyway for me to use Azure without a credit card or can you suggest a atlernative for hosting a startup asp.net web application for free

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 12:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

You can create an account without a credit card, but you can't do any operations on your account until you add a valid credit card number,

But if you want to try the Azure for free for three months you can subscribe to the Microsoft IT Pro Cloud Essentials .

If you are a student you can create weabsite using Microsoft Image old Dreamspark 

The Visual Studio Essentials program offers one year of free service a certain amount monthly.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 4:49 PM
  • Even VS essentials program requires credit card details. There should be better options for developers who needs to learn.
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:09 AM
  • Microsoft is very effectively hindering developers in learning Azure. Maybe someone working for Google or Amazon in this company? :-D
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 6:51 PM
  • You may leverage the options that Ricardo highlighted.

Q: As mentioned in the FAQ (here) : Why do I need to provide a credit card and phone number?

A: We use the phone number and credit card for identity verification. We do not charge your credit card anything, but you may see a $1.216 verification hold on your credit card account, which is removed within 3 to 5 days.

You may take a look at this feedback post for details.

If you have any specific questions on Azure training/learning or certifications, you may post those questions on Training and Certifications forum for inputs from the targeted audience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 9:02 AM
  • Living in germany, people don't use Creditcards on a regular basis. So am I. So what can i do to use and learn Azure?
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:05 PM
  • Hi Guy,

I have a student account that has been validated through email from the institution. An email from the institution solves things for us as students.
    This way I didn't need to use a credit card. Very easy and fast.

Jefferson Clyton Pereira da Silva - [MCSA | MCP | MCTS | MTA | Analista de Banco de Dados - Sql Server e Oracle ]

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:40 PM
  • Living in germany, people don't use Creditcards on a regular basis. So am I. So what can i do to use and learn Azure?
    If you are a student, you can enjoy the azure services with student account. Contact your university for more details.
    This way, you didn't need to use a credit card. Otherwise, you need a Credit Card (VISA, American Express or MasterCard).
    Friday, August 16, 2019 1:16 PM
  • This is bolocks. Microsoft wants the sweet money. If it would just be to identify a person, they would accept pre-paid cards too. 

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:46 AM
  • I also have this issue. They wouldn't even accept a prepaid credit card. I don't have a non-prepaid credit card because they are actually expensive.

The statement "We use the phone number and credit card for identity verification" is misleading as a prepaid credit card is just as valid for identity verification as any other. They require a non-prepaid credit card so they can charge you if you actually upgrade.

Not only am I not going to upgrade, I'm not even going to use Azure as it's impossible for me to register because of this.

Boo!

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:49 PM
  • It's an often heard request as can be found and upvoted here: Verification sign-up with Prepaid Card or with PayPal

Don't expect a quick solution though, since the feedback item is dated September 2014 and last updated by Microsoft in June 2015.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:26 AM
  • Whether DEBIT CARD is accepted ? if someone has not having the valid CREDIT CARD, but has a DEBIT CARD ONLY, will microsoft allow to create a free azure account? 
    • Edited by SaMolPP Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:39 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:38 AM