none
Custom Field with drop list allowing to sellect multiple choice as in resource names RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom category to apply to my project plan, but more than one category can apply to each task. Essentially I need a multiple select drop down list.I can create the custom fieldand the drop down list, but it only allows me to choose one option per task.Does anyone know if it's possible to do this? I am using Project 2013.
    Monday, February 2, 2015 2:35 PM

All replies

• Sorry, no.  None of the custom fields are multi-select.  You can use multiple fields and make a selection in each one and then combine the data in another field.
    Monday, February 2, 2015 2:45 PM
  • Dear Julie

Could you provide a little bit more detail how I can combine them in another field ?

Thx

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Sure.  As an example, you've created a lookup in three Text columns (Text1, Text2, and Text3).  A choice can be made in Text 1 only, in Text 1 and Text 2, or in Text 1, Text2, and Text3.

Customize the field Text4 enter the formula:

[Text1] & " " & [Text2] & " " & [Text3]

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:32 PM
  • Dear Julie

Thanks a lot for prompt reply.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 1:36 PM
  • You're welcome.  Does this get you what you need?
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 2:02 PM
  • Hi Julie and perdon me for jumping in,

Please allow me to ask Mustafa to precise weither he is using MS Project standalone or Project 2013 with Project Online (as the forum title let us suppose). In a standalone context as I guess Mustafa is, your reply is totally right but in a Server context a custom task field can be multivalue.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, February 5, 2015 2:08 PM