Offer Remote Assistance to VPN users RRS feed

• Question

• I want to be able to offer remote assistance to users in a VPN off my ISA 2006 server.  Anybody ever do this?

Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

a tutorial to create a network rule and a Firewall rule?
    You will find informations how top create a network rule and a Firewall rule in the Online Documentation of ISA 2006 on Technet or in the integrated help function of ISA 2006!

Start the ISA MMC, navigate to the Network node, right click the Network node and create a new network rule, as mentioned in my previous post. To create a Firewall rule navigate to the Firewall node in the ISA 2006 MMC.

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.nt-faq.de - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

no, not with RA, but to get access to the VPN-clients from your internal network create a new network rule from INTERNAL to VPN-CLIENTS with ROUTE relationship and a Firewall rule to allow the required access to the VPN-CLIENTS.

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.nt-faq.de - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de
    Friday, September 3, 2010 8:53 AM
  • Can you eloborate?  Is there any documentation or a tutorial you know of?

Friday, September 3, 2010 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

a tutorial to create a network rule and a Firewall rule?
    You will find informations how top create a network rule and a Firewall rule in the Online Documentation of ISA 2006 on Technet or in the integrated help function of ISA 2006!

Start the ISA MMC, navigate to the Network node, right click the Network node and create a new network rule, as mentioned in my previous post. To create a Firewall rule navigate to the Firewall node in the ISA 2006 MMC.

Saturday, September 4, 2010 3:01 PM